Pakistan 🇵🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st test Rawalpindi

Outside chance but the pitch isn't going to change massively i wouldn't have thought - England have done as well as they can under the circumstances and what they have had available to them bowling wise. good effort from Jacks who can be very pleased with himself.

Gerrin!

It's going to be a challenge, 6 sessions left, at least one of them with us needing to bat fast, then 13 wickets to take in whatever is left.
More like 5, when you consider the last session will be more like a half session both days.
Definitely need to wrap this up in the first hour, then look to set them something like 400 in 100 overs of play (so stick them back in just before tea tomorrow)

More like 5, when you consider the last session will be more like a half session both days.
Definitely need to wrap this up in the first hour, then look to set them something like 400 in 100 overs of play (so stick them back in just before tea tomorrow)
For me the problem comes with trying to set that total quickly. Pakistan know that we're going to go for it, so will set up run saving fields and hope they can frustrate us into making mistakes. Then we either get bowled out cheaply and bring the win into the equation for them, or can't score quickly enough to have enough time to bowl them out.

However likely the draw looks, this match situation is what test cricket is all about.

Great effort but still got draw written all over it. In fact only way I can see a result is an England collapse. Suppose I'm saying that being used to England not being brave enough to get a shift on, risk wickets, and look to set it up quickly.

Great effort but still got draw written all over it. In fact only way I can see a result is an England collapse. Suppose I'm saying that being used to England not being brave enough to get a shift on, risk wickets, and look to set it up quickly.
Bowl the tail out quickly, Bazball for 2 sessions and Pakistan collapse on final day

Outside chance but the pitch isn't going to change massively i wouldn't have thought - England have done as well as they can under the circumstances and what they have had available to them bowling wise. good effort from Jacks who can be very pleased with himself.

my only worry is that Stokes will be far too aggressive in his declaration, he seems to want to avoid a draw at all costs, so I could see someit outrageous being set

my only worry is that Stokes will be far too aggressive in his declaration, he seems to want to avoid a draw at all costs, so I could see someit outrageous being set

Prefer that than been overly cautious which has happened in the past.

If we do win the game it will be down to how well and quick we batted to keep enough time in the match

Prefer that than been overly cautious which has happened in the past.

If we do win the game it will be down to how well and quick we batted to keep enough time in the match

Root did plenty of good declarations mind, several attacking one off the top of my head, so that’s not right

I just mean don’t literally hand them a win or someit

Outrageous in that setting something gettable

Yeah I’m not saying don’t be attacking but we know how left field some of the stuff they have done has been, could see him doing something crackers!

Probs not though it’s going to be Intersting

Quite a few games over the last 4 or 5 years where we have batted completely unselfishly to set up a target mind, people never remember his when looking at averages like
Just gettable would be good, catch them in between 2 mindsets hopefully.

Does that apply though if the pitch literally doesn’t change. Will see

Back