Pakistan 🇵🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st test Rawalpindi

The pitch is poor no question and that makes it a poor advert. None of that is Englands fault who produced some brilliant cricket with the bat but simply don’t have the ammo available to them with the ball to make big inroads on a pitch like this. My main issue is those not giving credit for how England batted, the intent they showed to try and give them a chance on such a flat pitch. It was a brilliant effort.

Not England's fault at all. They don't prepare the pitch.

England's total wins you most matches, and this just won't happen here.

too much talk of the pitch

Stokes isnt fit so bowled 3 overs, Livingstone isnt fit and hasnt bowled

Leach, Jacks and Root have done the majority of our bowling, you could be playing on a dustbowl and it would be hard to take 20 wickets

All that talk is just engineered to give England no credit at all for their outrageous world breaking batting

Neither side has created significant chances regularly (most of our wickets lost were caught in the deep etc).

This wicket is indefensible, sorry. You shouldn’t require an attack of Wasim, Waqar, Murali and Warne to take 20 wickets on a pitch. From session five it’s felt inevitable that we’ve been watching dead, meaningless sport.

Neither side has created significant chances regularly (most of our wickets lost were caught in the deep etc).

This wicket is indefensible, sorry. You shouldn’t require an attack of Wasim, Waqar, Murali and Warne to take 20 wickets on a pitch. From session five it’s felt inevitable that we’ve been watching dead, meaningless sport.
Exactly mate. Hardly anything created bowling wise.

Didn’t defend anything just said our semi fit attack isn’t up to it

I mean Barbar is getting a test 100 here on he flattest pitch on earth facing mainly Leach, Jacks and Root. Two of those are 5th change in a county game.

I mean Barbar is getting a test 100 here on he flattest pitch on earth facing mainly Leach, Jacks and Root. I mean two if those are 5th change in a county game.

Aye be harder against wood, archer and stokes

Wouldn’t be enough to force a result mind but 2 of the bowlers we picked in this test have bowled 3 overs between them

Roots bowled 2nd most overs by some distance

Is stokes just not fit? As he’s our best bowler in these conditions. Pakistan got it reversing like

I mean Barbar is getting a test 100 here on he flattest pitch on earth facing mainly Leach, Jacks and Root. Two of those are 5th change in a county game.

Jimmy has historically caused problems on Asian pitches (albeit at a slow rate), Leach too. I get your point about our attack but there are probably still seven front line bowlers in this match who’ve barely deviated the ball, or if they have it’s dribbled through slowly with no threat.

The batting-heavy line-ups don’t give the pitch a pass for me. I love cricket but can’t engage with games like this.

Aye but England scored at a rate of 6.50 in the first innings so whose the real winner here?

That's right, nobody.

There’s still 7 and change sessions left. We only need to bat for 1 at most realistically. It’s very much still on.

And the fact that we scored so many at such a rate is a massive win. Considering all summer we had the usual negative lot saying “let’s wait and see if they can do it away from home”

Win or draw from an England perspective this test has been a success

Aye but England scored at a rate of 6.50 in the first innings so whose the real winner here?

That's right, nobody.

If you can’t give england praise for scoring the most runs ever on a test day then there’s something wrong with you

The lengths some go to to avoid giving England absolutely any credit is just hilarious

Jimmy has historically caused problems on Asian pitches (albeit at a slow rate), Leach too. I get your point about our attack but there are probably still seven front line bowlers in this match who’ve barely deviated the ball.

The batting-heavy line-ups don’t give the pitch a pass for me. I love cricket but can’t engage with games like this.
I’m not arguing that the pitch is a shocker it absolutely is. It’s an even worse spectacle due to us not having our best attack available for these conditions.

I’m not arguing that the pitch is a shocker it absolutely is. It’s an even worse spectacle due to us not having our best attack available for these conditions.

Yeah this is my point
Jimmy has historically caused problems on Asian pitches (albeit at a slow rate), Leach too. I get your point about our attack but there are probably still seven front line bowlers in this match who’ve barely deviated the ball, or if they have it’s dribbled through slowly with no threat.

Just making the point that we’ve basically got leach and 2 80mph bowlers and then 2 part time spinners

It’s not helping even though the pitch is shocking.

Root n Jacks wouldn’t even be the best spinners in Durham’s side, which says something!

Last edited:

Back