Ozturk must not be selected for play off matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good reply.
As I always say football is about opinions.
And 20 fans would all pick a different team.
I think he is our 4th best centre back and you think he must start.
Both opinions are valid but massively different.
I just hope Jack Ross who is paid to pick the team eventually gets it correct.
I would go with the least poor option which for me is Flanagan and Baldwin.
If only for the reason that they have played together most often and McLaughlin knows how they work.

Aye but if 100 fans were picking the team would it be the same team as the 20

I don't see much difference in any of our centre backs to be honest.

But I think I'd go with Dunne with Ozturk

In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
In the games Ozturk has played we have gained 1.29 points per game.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
Also everyone must realise how slow he is and that includes the opposition.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry
I'm now interested to see the stats of Flanagan, Baldwin, Loovens and Dunne, have you got them mate?

Let's see who the best :lol: and worst are from these 5 nackers

I agree correlation is obviously not causation but I only checked the stats as for me he has looked poor and I know few people watching think he has played well. It is all opinion it's just I am worried that he may be a factor and its a chance I don't wish to take and a trend I don't want to follow

Ha ha ha
It does
Who you give man of match to is just opinion and I have already agreed some people rate him!!
"I know few people watching think he has played well". Based on what, a few of your mates, some of the posters on here, or canvassing 30-odd thousand people after the match? I'm not saying he has suddenly become Van Duke but for me he has been the better of the centre-backs since his return and I know plenty of other people who think the same.
I'm curious though. I may be completely wrong, and I'm sure you'll put me right, but I get the feeling that you aren't a regular attendee. Is this correct?

"I know few people watching think he has played well". Based on what, a few of your mates, some of the posters on here, or canvassing 30-odd thousand people after the match? I'm not saying he has suddenly become Van Duke but for me he has been the better of the centre-backs since his return and I know plenty of other people who think the same.
I'm curious though. I may be completely wrong, and I'm sure you'll put me right, but I get the feeling that you aren't a regular attendee. Is this correct?
No you are wrong.
I watch every match
Had a season ticket for 40 years

I don't see much difference in any of our centre backs to be honest.

But I think I'd go with Dunne with Ozturk

Horses for courses Ozturk has provided no nonsense defending and a physical presence, forwards are not bossing him. Probably right for this division but no good for the step up

Ha! Bump and a half!

In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
In the games Ozturk has played we have gained 1.29 points per game.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
Also everyone must realise how slow he is and that includes the opposition.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry
Daft twat

Ozturk is the only defender I’ve ever seen who regularly defends by watching his man as opposed to the ball to the extent that he can often be seen facing in the exact opposite direction to the ball.

.. No shit defender, no f***ing about with the ball .. He's grown one me over the last few games ..

I like him. Simple no nonsense defender who does the basics right. Gets a bit handsy at times which could be a problem but apart from that he looks pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back