Owning Dogs - should be closely regulated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha! How young are you? We used to have a dog license that eventually cost more to collect than was collected, and which did little if anything to prevent the overbreeding of dogs.
This would be a totally different concept, it would need to be brought in ASAP, and I’d suggest a price of around 50 pounds per year, per dog.

Owning a dog should not be considered a basic human right, it is a luxury and should only be done by responsible people willing to commit to keeping Britain safe and tidy.

all the obvious ones for a start. staffies, bull dogs, pit bulls etc. Anything an invisible carpet carrier might be seen with.

Pitbulls are banned already, along with the Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Brasileiro. The difficulty comes with crosses from these breeds.

A ban on Staffies wuld probably only mean another breed takes their place.

I'm not sure that bull dogs are dangerous at all. Maybe you're thinking of another breed?

There are too many dogs in shelters and dogs being destroyed because they can’t be given a home, and there’s too much dog shit on paths.

No one in Britain should be able to have a dog, or walk a dog, unless they have a license.

Getting a license should involve having to attend a course on responsible dog ownership, and pass an exam.

Everyone with a license should have regular home inspections to ensure that a safe environment is provided for the dog and that the dogs aren’t a risk to children or adults.

A dog owners tax should be introduced to fund the above.

Anyone caught owning/walking a dog without a license should have the dog taken away until a fine is paid. Cash rewards should be introduced for any honest citizen that provides the details of an illegally owned dog.
Agree with all of that.
Same rules should be applied for folk wanting kids.

Sterilised untill you can prove you could be an OK parent

Pitbulls are banned already, along with the Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Brasileiro. The difficulty comes with crosses from these breeds.

A ban on Staffies wuld probably only mean another breed takes their place.

I'm not sure that bull dogs are dangerous at all. Maybe you're thinking of another breed?
just get rid of any ugly dog then. those ones with the triangle heads for example.

There are too many dogs in shelters and dogs being destroyed because they can’t be given a home, and there’s too much dog shit on paths.

No one in Britain should be able to have a dog, or walk a dog, unless they have a license.

Getting a license should involve having to attend a course on responsible dog ownership, and pass an exam.

Everyone with a license should have regular home inspections to ensure that a safe environment is provided for the dog and that the dogs aren’t a risk to children or adults.

Anyone caught owning/walking a dog without a license should have the dog taken away until a fine is paid. Cash rewards should be introduced for any honest citizen that provides the details of an illegally owned dog.
Everything you suggest could be applied to having children also?

just get rid of any ugly dog then. those ones with the triangle heads for example.

These ones?

Logon or register to see this image

English Bull Terriers, I think.

The problem we have with regard to bulldogs is that the press refer to aggressive dogs as bulldog type breeda, which covers everything from a pitbull to a French bulldog:

Logon or register to see this image

I'm not a fan of the look but the couple I've met seem to have lovely personalities...

I will go along with all that provided its still OK to share your shower with them. :oops:

First four and final points make sense to me as a dog owner. Point 5 is just daft as the dog licence would presumably be paid for and that would in effect be the dog tax.

Licence.

It's licence FFS.

probably SEB but should be the same with people breeding willy nilly

The dog shit all owa the place is an absolute disgrace mind.
It’s something that I never really noticed until I got a dog, I never leave the house without a pocket full of bags when I’m with the dog, and only don’t pick his shite up if he’s done it amongst the bushes up the fields, well out the way of public feet.

But the thing I can’t really get my head round is those that pick it up, bag it, then throw the bag away...why go through the effort, you’ve done the hard work picking it up, why then dump it where it will never decompose?

It’s something that I never really noticed until I got a dog, I never leave the house without a pocket full of bags when I’m with the dog, and only don’t pick his shite up if he’s done it amongst the bushes up the fields, well out the way of public feet.

But the thing I can’t really get my head round is those that pick it up, bag it, then throw the bag away...why go through the effort, you’ve done the hard work picking it up, why then dump it where it will never decompose?
This

This, it makes no sense to me at all. When I walk the dog down the canal round here, some people will pick it up and then stand the bag of dog shit against the wall?

Even worse are people who chuck them in trees or bushes, you'd be better off just leaving the shite than putting it into something that won't decompose and hanging it up like a shite (pun intended) ornament.

According to wiki before the licence fee was scrapped in 1987 the fee was only 37p?

Anyone have a dog around those times that can verify this?

Should be illegal to own dogs in this day and age. Filthy, disease spreading nutcase animals. As proven by that case the other day where that poor kid got killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back