Oviedo to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably got the best delivery of anyone in our team and he keeps the ball extremely well. Starting him and Matthews will make a difference to our attacking play. O'Nien struggles with forward runs and both he and James struggle with anything except telegraph passes into the winger and central midfielder.
Utter nonsense. They stick to their task surpsingly well and positionally seldom get caught out. Oviedo has flattered to deceive far too often for my liking and should we get a decent offer we should snap their hands off.

Utter nonsense. They stick to their task surpsingly well and positionally seldom get caught out. Oviedo has flattered to deceive far too often for my liking and should we get a decent offer we should snap their hands off.
O'Nien is getingg better but he is caught out all the time, and that's with Flanagan coaching him through games.

People are carried away because he's a nice guy. Matthews is better in that position

James has been consistently decent. Oviedo has more ability in his left foot alone.
He has more ability but he doesn’t do it enough. Even at this level. Heart of a pea as well tbh. Doesn’t take much for him to go off injured.

He has more ability but he doesn’t do it enough. Even at this level. Heart of a pea as well tbh. Doesn’t take much for him to go off injured.

There's a fine line between a consistent player and an average one. Reece James for us probably exemplifies it perfectly.

People are carried away because he's a nice guy. Matthews is better in that position

This. A couple of goals and his work ethic is buying him a lot of praise, when he's not really a fullback and we're much better with Matthews there who as a footballer is currently on another planet to him.

The difficulty is if you have too many players like James you'll struggle to get out of the division as you'll be a very average team overall and it's a problem we're seeing at the moment. Oviedo has pissed me off - doesn't want to be here and hasn't looked like he's wanted too since he arrived, hasn't got much heart, injury prone and should have been shot against Peterborough as it was a case of a man thinking just for himself and not for the team. However if Denver Hume isn't fit/improving and Oviedo doesn't leave then I cannot see the point in continually selecting James ahead of Oviedo as Oviedo actually effects us going forward positively and in the way we can break sides down as he's got probably ten times more composure and quality on the ball than James has.

I understand the argument about being professional and wanting good characters, but we've left ourselves in a position where we've just not brought enough quality in yet, when we're probably not utilising one or two others well enough already on the books.

Not belittling Oviedo, but have we had 'Any' offers at all for him and or Catts. I can't see either getting a much better deal elsewhere than they're currently getting with us. Nt having a go at the lads, just saying!

Apparently there was several clubs interested in Oviedo during the summer, as there would be after a World Cup, but they were from leagues which would struggle with his wages nevermind a fee as we still owed on him at the time (maybe still do) so would have wanted a fee as well as wages gone.

Last edited:
Probably got the best delivery of anyone in our team and he keeps the ball extremely well. Starting him and Matthews will make a difference to our attacking play. O'Nien struggles with forward runs and both he and James struggle with anything except telegraph passes into the winger and central midfielder.

Some good balls again today

This. A couple of goals and his work ethic is buying him a lot of praise, when he's not really a fullback and we're much better with Matthews there who as a footballer is currently on another planet to him.

The difficulty is if you have too many players like James you'll struggle to get out of the division as you'll be a very average team overall and it's a problem we're seeing at the moment. Oviedo has pissed me off - doesn't want to be here and hasn't looked like he's wanted too since he arrived, hasn't got much heart, injury prone and should have been shot against Peterborough as it was a case of a man thinking just for himself and not for the team. However if Denver Hume isn't fit/improving and Oviedo doesn't leave then I cannot see the point in continually selecting James ahead of Oviedo as Oviedo actually effects us going forward positively and in the way we can break sides down as he's got probably ten times more composure and quality on the ball than James has.

I understand the argument about being professional and wanting good characters, but we've left ourselves in a position where we've just not brought enough quality in yet, when we're probably not utilising one or two others well enough already on the books.

Apparently there was several clubs interested in Oviedo during the summer, as there would be after a World Cup, but they were from leagues which would struggle with his wages nevermind a fee as we still owed on him at the time (maybe still do) so would have wanted a fee as well as wages gone.

Someone on here said that on the WMS podcast they reckoned Oviedo wanted to stay in UK as he was 6 month off a British passport. Could explain a lack of a move abroad. That and the club weren't going to let anyone go on cheap (only right).

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good balls again today

Someone on here said that on the WMS podcast they reckoned Oviedo wanted to stay in UK as he was 6 month off a British passport. Could explain a lack of a move abroad. That and the club weren't going to let anyone go on cheap (only right).

Absolutely insane. He could buy an entire beach in Costa Rica, absolutely nee idea why he'd want a passport that in a few months will only grant you access to a cold rock in the north sea. Looper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back