Oviedo to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good player, and IF he is still here in Feb then the challenge is there for Ross to get him and our other good players in the team producing.

This isn’t a pop at Ross, I like him and what he’s done so far, but for me for us to nail down a top 2 position, we need to be getting our best players in a settled team.

We are clearly lacking in creating chances at the moment, which is something he should be able to assist with played right.

Agreed. 2 shots on goal against Scunthorpe was pathetic.

I see Hume is back in train and could be available for selection in a couple of weeks.

That seems to be a reasonable enough timeframe to allow Oviedo to leave by the end of the window - if, of course, we get a good enough offer.
Not belittling Oviedo, but have we had 'Any' offers at all for him and or Catts. I can't see either getting a much better deal elsewhere than they're currently getting with us. Nt having a go at the lads, just saying!

Not belittling Oviedo, but have we had 'Any' offers at all for him and or Catts. I can't see either getting a much better deal elsewhere than they're currently getting with us. Nt having a go at the lads, just saying!
Club Brugge were interested in him in the Summer. There were rumours that we'd turned down £1.8m.

Hume & James are good enough for the left back spot. Do we have any emerging u23 as 3rd choice back up? (Or was that Hume ;))

“If” we could find buyers for Oviedo & Catts then we’d have to let them both go.

Leadbitter could be Catts ready made replacement anyway at a fraction of cost

Probably got the best delivery of anyone in our team and he keeps the ball extremely well. Starting him and Matthews will make a difference to our attacking play. O'Nien struggles with forward runs and both he and James struggles with anything except telegraph passes into the winger and central midfielder.
I don't think it's anything.
Whilst he wouldn't win any prizes as the best of the best, however, James's started playing whipped-back crosses at good height when he does advance, contrasted to BO's in from deep.
Skill vs. Portsmouth fashioning Power's assist, to be truthful about James.

Another monumental cock-up under Moyes regime, on massive wage and unable to hold down place in league one. If he is as good as some on here think he would be the first name on the team sheet. Prior to his injury at Everton looked a fantastic player since then a shadow.

Hume & James are good enough for the left back spot. Do we have any emerging u23 as 3rd choice back up? (Or was that Hume ;))

“If” we could find buyers for Oviedo & Catts then we’d have to let them both go.

Leadbitter could be Catts ready made replacement anyway at a fraction of cost
He's 33 tho marra! We'd probably end up having to tie him down for three years anarl. Could be the next ghost of O'Shea;)

He's the best in his position in this league and the League above by a country mile. He needs to be starting every game for us when he's available. Hume is a good prospect but nowhere near the level of Oviedo and James is a half decent L1 defender and nothing more. The fact that some people see Oviedo as our 3rd choice is hilarious.

Hmm, not sure about that mate, Barry Douglas, Kieran Gibbs, Martin Olsen and Neil Taylor all spring to mind as better all round players than Oviedo IMO

He's 33 tho marra! We'd probably end up having to tie him down for three years anarl. Could be the next ghost of O'Shea;)

Agree if that’s the case

If we could get him on a 18 month deal with sensible/affordable wages then he’d be a decent addition

I have more faith in these, than the previous lot to do the right thing ;)

Agree if that’s the case

If we could get him on a 18 month deal with sensible/affordable wages then he’d be a decent addition

I have more faith in these, than the previous lot to do the right thing ;)
Me too mate, but as the saying goes,'You can' t please all of the people all of the time'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back