Oviedo to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed, I think we should try make the most of him though, I think he is a decent enough pro myself, has to playing at this level.
Only problem is the back 5 should be playing pretty much every game of the season to build an understanding ...Oviedo seems to play a couple of games then miss a couple, then play a couple etc

He’s our best left back and very dangerous going forward. I don’t know why he isn’t playing

I see Hume is back in train and could be available for selection in a couple of weeks.

That seems to be a reasonable enough timeframe to allow Oviedo to leave by the end of the window - if, of course, we get a good enough offer.

No one will want him / pay him what he gets here man :lol::lol:

We’re not keeping him for squad depth purposes

Surely there’s other clubs out there other than just us who buy players without scouting them but just look at past reputations and a couple of YouTube vids
The mags, but they can’t afford his wages just now. Depends on how the HMV takeover goes.

I thought there was a chance he may have found a club over the summer having played in the World Cup. Can’t see it now unless there’s some club whose LB has a major injury towards the end of the window.

He's the best in his position in this league and the League above by a country mile. He needs to be starting every game for us when he's available. Hume is a good prospect but nowhere near the level of Oviedo and James is a half decent L1 defender and nothing more. The fact that some people see Oviedo as our 3rd choice is hilarious.

He's the best in his position in this league and the League above by a country mile. He needs to be starting every game for us when he's available. Hume is a good prospect but nowhere near the level of Oviedo and James is a half decent L1 defender and nothing more. The fact that some people see Oviedo as our 3rd choice is hilarious.
Is he though?

Hasnt stood out for us all season.

Good player, and IF he is still here in Feb then the challenge is there for Ross to get him and our other good players in the team producing.

This isn’t a pop at Ross, I like him and what he’s done so far, but for me for us to nail down a top 2 position, we need to be getting our best players in a settled team.

We are clearly lacking in creating chances at the moment, which is something he should be able to assist with played right.

Hasn`t played enough for me. Whenever hes brought on near end of games hes wanting the ball and trying at least.

zero chance of him going. Just like in the summer. No one will pay what we are paying.

We should use him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back