Over 45s

That's where my son is struggling as it says he's not eligible on the booking system. He's got asthma that has got much worse this year. He was in A&E again over the weekend with it. He's back in lectures at uni and works in a shop part time so it would put his mind at rest if he could have it.
Get your son to phone the GP, if the asthma is getting worse and he is having to stay in hospital overnight he should get a referal or invite. Mine was a text from the GP with a link to book a time for the vaccine. I have also heard of people who aren't on the priority list getting a vaccine at the end of a day. Instead of the unused vaccines from a batch going to waste. The doctors down south have lists of people who are contacted if there are unused vaccines but not sure bout the north east.

Whole? I wouldn't go that far. 😉

Ironic that it is a name like Humbug who actually is one of my supporters.

It's tough though on those who are 44. They wait for months and yet another group show up ahead. But what is to stop those who are 44 changing their year from 1976 to 1975 on their DOB?

The 44 years olds have waited for the 85+, 80+, 75+, 70+, 65+, 60+, 55+, 50+ so how can 45+ possibly have 'shown up ahead' of them? Did they really think it would suddenly skip the 45-49? I suspect the answer to your question about fraud is "medical records".

The 44 years olds have waited for the 85+, 80+, 75+, 70+, 65+, 60+, 55+, 50+ so how can 45+ possibly have 'shown up ahead' of them? Did they really think it would suddenly skip the 45-49? I suspect the answer to your question about fraud is "medical records".
Err...no. My initial understanding was the 40-49s will be done. That is all I understood and knew. Nowt was aware at the time to me about almost cutting the 40s in half and doing 45-49 then 40-44. It wasn’t till the pretty much as the 40-49s got started I learned about it.

As far as I was aware of the over 50s vaccination programme it was literally just that to me. Anyone over 50. That and care home workers and NHS workers like doctors and nurses.

If that makes me a selfish, impatient prick guilty as f***ing charged. Lock me up and f***ing well throw away the f***ing key!

Err...no. My initial understanding was the 40-49s will be done. That is all I understood and knew. Nowt was aware at the time to me about almost cutting the 40s in half and doing 45-49 then 40-44. It wasn’t till the pretty much as the 40-49s got started I learned about it.

As far as I was aware of the over 50s vaccination programme it was literally just that to me. Anyone over 50. That and care home workers and NHS workers like doctors and nurses.

If that makes me a selfish, impatient prick guilty as f***ing charged. Lock me up and f***ing well throw away the f***ing key!

Not joining that bandwagon mate - you want it and to have everyone helping each other out, far lower opinion of the tin foil hat, 5g, ant-vaxxers who choose to not take it, safe in the knowledge everyone who does will probably be enough to protect them from being killed or killing anyone.

I think there has been some miscommunication though - as the ages get younger the groups get bigger - they did it five years at a time all the way down and that wouldn't change as we hit the biggest age groups but I think a lot of graphs use 40's 50' 60's etc, but the rollout has always been based on 5 years at a time.

I didnt get time to go on until this morning and first it was saying next available days were 10th May at Nightingale then I closed it down and started again and got offered this Monday 19th up in the Shire at Bishop at 6pm. Got the 2nd dose booked in July at Nightingale
Result.

Incorrect.
They called 55-59 first then 50-54 later so they are doing exactly the same with the over 40-50 year olds. It will only be another week or 2 for your group, chill out.
Do you not qualify early with your situation mate?

Last edited:
Still no email/text confirmation but I have just received a text from the NHS saying that I could book an appointment now,

Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon - a couple of hour off work and the accepted practice at work is to have an "easy day" the day afterwards.

For those waiting for confirmations, having made my booking on the website around 7.30am yesterday morning I have just received confirmation by text of 1st and 2nd appointments.
Just got mine around an hour ago and 10 mins after got a text telling me I can now book an appointment.

God bless the SMB a full 24 hours faster than the NHS in letting me know i can book up :)

Hate needles and doctors, stay away from both as much as i can but strangely looking forward to getting this done, do you still get a badge and a sweet for being brave :p

Just got mine around an hour ago and 10 mins after got a text telling me I can now book an appointment.

God bless the SMB a full 24 hours faster than the NHS in letting me know i can book up :)

Hate needles and doctors, stay away from both as much as i can but strangely looking forward to getting this done, do you still get a badge and a sweet for being brave :p

It's a really fine needle they use. You barely even feel you've had it. I got a sticker for being a good girl 😁

I hate needles. Off for mine in 10 minutes. Now a sticker you say.......
Whatever arm you get done look in the opposite direction. It is over in seconds. I didn't even feel the covid jab although I did with the flu jab. I hate needles too.

Just heard from a colleague who lives right next to a big vaccination centre but it has taken him since yesterday morning to get appointments there. The NHS booking site kept offering him sites which were 20 or 30 miles away.

Back