Our recruitment from abroad has been really poor

He’s right tho.
Our foreign signing have all been shite
I’d say they are all to young and inexperienced. Farming mayenda and Triantis to sit in a Scottish Dev squad is mindless. Playing Jobe and Ekwah every week is mindless. Dropping Rusyn when he has been our best striker is mindless.
And for me writing players off after 200 minutes of football is mindless.

Some people are happier to be proven right than to see us do better though

I stand by Rusyn not getting enough game time. And I stand by the fact I won’t chuck a player under the bus after 2 games.

But you obviously just want to score points on a message board

Some people can hold their hands up and admit they were wrong though. I’ve done it in the past, have a look, didn’t want Mowbray, and wasn’t a huge Clarke fan. Quite happy to admit I was wrong.

Always the same on here though, some posters happy to slate people for having an opinion if it’s not just clapping. Won’t admit they were wrong though, just come out with bullshit much like you have. “Much rather be proved right” “enjoy your party”. Absolute bollocks man, how about people just learn that people can have opinions and talk about things and it doesn’t always have to be mega positive.

Even better than that, if people could just say aye fair do’s I was wrong, it would be class.

Yet to hear a plausible explanation why Rusyn does not start every game.

Obvious to anyone he has way more about him than Hemir or Burstow.

Maybe when we get closer to relegation theyll start picking a serious team and stop treating the starting 11 as a U21 feeder team to farm young players and pimp them out for more money

You're best just holding your hands up mate and saying he was right and you were wrong.

Some people can hold their hands up and admit they were wrong though. I’ve done it in the past, have a look, didn’t want Mowbray, and wasn’t a huge Clarke fan. Quite happy to admit I was wrong.

Always the same on here though, some posters happy to slate people for having an opinion if it’s not just clapping. Won’t admit they were wrong though, just come out with bullshit much like you have. “Much rather be proved right” “enjoy your party”. Absolute bollocks man, how about people just learn that people can have opinions and talk about things and it doesn’t always have to be mega positive.

Even better than that, if people could just say aye fair do’s I was wrong, it would be class.
This was my issue with your original post 4 months ago. Because people didn’t agree with you they were happy clappers. You were saying all our foreign recruitment had been shit when you had seen barely any of them play.

And at the time I disagreed because I refuse to judge a player after 2 f***ing games.

The recruitment was poor in general. Which is what I said in November too. Burstow is shocking, Jobe is too young etc etc

You were right about some of them. Hemir is a dev player for example. Mayenda I have no idea. They are in essence too bloody young and inexperienced.

But Auchiche, Pembele, mundle, Rusyn for example? There’s players there. And most fans will tell you the same

Yet to hear a plausible explanation why Rusyn does not start every game.

Obvious to anyone he has way more about him than Hemir or Burstow.

Maybe when we get closer to relegation theyll start picking a serious team and stop treating the starting 11 as a U21 feeder team to farm young players and pimp them out for more money

Whoever the striker is, Ekwah, Jobe, Clarke, Roberts and the like can not play with a striker up front. They just have forgotten how to play with one. Pritchard you could argue was a bit better at it, but typically we’ve peddled him.

In 12 months we’ve become a really, really poor side

Whoever the striker is, Ekwah, Jobe, Clarke, Roberts and the like can not play with a striker up front. They just have forgotten how to play with one. Pritchard you could argue was a bit better at it, but typically we’ve peddled him.

In 12 months we’ve become a really, really poor side
Well then learn them again. But with the only competent looking striker we have brought in. Rusyn.

The two they've been starting ahead of him could look out of place in the Northern League. But time and time again we bring in kids with labels like Chelsea, Benéfica, Man Utd. On them and think they are world beaters

Well then learn them again. But with the only competent looking striker we have brought in. Rusyn.

The two they've been starting ahead of him could look out of place in the Northern League. But time and time again we bring in kids with labels like Chelsea, Benéfica, Man Utd. On them and think they are world beaters

Rusyn is not a lone striker, he never will be and is just not the answer.

This 100%, I can't believe the amount of posters still doubling down on Mowbray getting sacked and with the recruitment, absolute madness

Signing players from abroad will always carry a lot more risk. That’s why they tend to be cheaper. The UK based young players we’ve signed though in the main have been very good.

Cirkin, Clarke, Ekwah, Jobe, Ballard, Hume, Elese, Huggins hadnhe stayed fit etc.

We may have been a bit unlucky with injuries or not, and there’s no way Jobe and Bellingham should have been as exposed - it’s done neither any favours playing them every week.

For me this and the failure to sign either of Broadhead or Simms are the main mistakes.

They are mistakes that can be addressed in the next transfer window.

Ba's been alright like.

Seelt anarl.

Aouchiche looks canny.

Time yet for Mundle, and a few others.
Very few signings hit the ground running at anything close to their potential. The only time that will happen is when they’re comfortable in their surrounding and have the right frame of mind to do their job inside that suits their attributes. Players tend to just improve with age, generally.

Clarke was nowhere near as good as he is now when he first joined, for example, but a lot of us could see something there. We are going to have to be patient with a lot of these young lads but on the same score I don’t have a huge amount of hope for some of them.

The whole “dog chasing a balloon” trope around Mundle is silly for that very reason. He’s working, taking responsibility in possession, trying things, and causing problems for the opposition already.

The players who concern me most are the ones who don’t seem to have the right attitude: not working hard being the biggest one. I have more hope for Rusyn than I do for Hemir, despite the gap in experience and age.

Aouchiche was another one I was worried about, attitude wise, but that performance the other night has made me a lot more optimistic.

Last edited:
I’d say they are all to young and inexperienced. Farming mayenda and Triantis to sit in a Scottish Dev squad is mindless. Playing Jobe and Ekwah every week is mindless. Dropping Rusyn when he has been our best striker is mindless.
And for me writing players off after 200 minutes of football is mindless.

Some people are happier to be proven right than to see us do better though
Rusyn is crap, Ba is the best of a bad bunch.

Not one of them has cemented a first team place.

I get that you also need a squad as well as a first 11 and some of them have been brought in for that purpose but overall its a complete waste of time in terms of improving us.

And improve significantly is what we need to do to meet the clubs own target of promotion.

They need to ditch the foreign youth policy before it sends us to league 1 rather than premier league.

Rusyn is not that good just looks ok as the other 3 are horrific want them all to succeed but have my doubts any of them would be good at league one level.

Just complete ineptitude by Speakman!

Back