Our recruitment from abroad has been really poor

As You Were

Midfield
Hoffman, dajaku, ba, mayenda, semedo, rusyn,aouchichie,triantis

I get the argument that players from abroad can take longer to settle in but theres 8 players above we have signed and none of them have improved the team like we need them to. We’ve seen flashes of good play from ba but I just can’t see him ever being consistent enough to be a good championship player. Rusyn today was completely ineffective. He’s not a winger and not a striker. To be honest all our summer signings just look completely raw or not good enough. They all look like they could do with a loan spell at a lower level. No excuse for not beating Plymouth today who were absolutely shite. We look like a one man team at times. People say the model won’t change but one of the problem of having such a young team is young players can often be inconsistent and that is exactly what our results are. Thin line between having a promising young team and drifting and becoming a mid table championship team which is what we are if clarke leaves.

Ba plays a good role off the bench. Aouciche should be starting. Mayenda looks promising but has only had two appearances.

I get the argument that players from abroad can take longer to settle in but theres 8 players above we have signed and none of them have improved the team like we need them to. We’ve seen flashes of good play from ba but I just can’t see him ever being consistent enough to be a good championship player. Rusyn today was completely ineffective. He’s not a winger and not a striker. To be honest all our summer signings just look completely raw or not good enough. They all look like they could do with a loan spell at a lower level. No excuse for not beating Plymouth today who were absolutely shite. We look like a one man team at times. People say the model won’t change but one of the problem of having such a young team is young players can often be inconsistent and that is exactly what our results are. Thin line between having a promising young team and drifting and becoming a mid table championship team which is what we are if clarke leaves.

Load of shite.

Aouchiche has played over 70 games at Ligue 1 level and in his cameos to-date looks like he'll coast it at this level.

I certainly wouldn't be using him as an example to back up your point on this one.

Just because Mowbray largely won't play them, doesn't mean they aren't good enough.

Seelt not getting a look in instead of O'Nien who has been a steaming pile of shite at CB for a long time is another one.

Ba - has been far more productive than Roberts in less minutes.

Rusyn - crazy to write him off, contributed to Neil's goal against Norwich, was very good against Birmingham (assist) and canny against Swansea before being substituted needlesly.

Last edited:
I just think its a lack of continuity.

Too many out too many in, too soon.

We keep Michut, Diallo, Simms, Gooch, Batth and even Stewart its a different kettle of fish.

Granted im not saying its easy to keep them and both Amad & Stewart have been injured but at the end of the day we knew that it worked for us and we knew what wed be getting.

Weve signed a load of unproven younguns who arent going to provide what the above can for a long while, and they have to settle in/acclimate on top of that.

Reinforces my belief that this season was never about going up and is all about building the foundations for next season/season after.

Like clockwork 😂😂😂

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…

As good as we’ve been signing domestic or domestic based players the same can’t be said for the players we’ve signed from abroad. Speakman doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as good in that market, and the Manager seems reluctant to use them.

Of course you’ll get the usual posters saying this is knee jerk because we lost, but the same posters are happy to give the well deserved credit to the domestic signings, but won’t have it when the evidence clearly shows foreign recruitment is largely ineffective.

Last edited:
Because Dacks f***ing class isn’t he?

Aouchiche - looks easily comfortable at this level

Ba - more goal contributions than Roberts in less minutes

Rusyn - shit today granted, but looked decent in previous games.

Mayenda looks like a handful, rotten touch for that chance but lads young and just come back from injury

Our results have been pretty good mate, so again, you're talking shite.
Our aim was automatic promotion. We are in November and are 13 points behind a nearly promoted side who are half the size of our club. We have lost 7 games already so sorry no you are talking shite. The trouble is too many people like you are easily pleased. People think we should be happy because we were in league 1 2 seasons ago but then look at Ipswich…

Our aim was automatic promotion. We are in November and are 13 points behind a nearly promoted side who are half the size of our club. We have lost 7 games already so sorry no you are talking shite. The trouble is too many people like you are easily pleased. People think we should be happy because we were in league 1 2 seasons ago but then look at Ipswich…

No one said automatic promotion. Speakman said to try and better last season. That could mean going further in the playoffs or when win them (which we're still in the running for btw).

I'm not easily pleased, read my posts and you'll see that, but I'm not just going to kick off after we lose a game which could have went either way. Teams lose games, it's just part of football.

I'd saying coming out with shite like Leicester shouldn't be above us because they're half the size of us is just the kind of utter bollocks taht will see me continually call you out for talking shite.

You should be banned from posying for putting Hoffman and dajaku in the same bracket as the others.

Back