Our recruitment from abroad has been really poor

Our aim was automatic promotion. We are in November and are 13 points behind a nearly promoted side who are half the size of our club. We have lost 7 games already so sorry no you are talking shite. The trouble is too many people like you are easily pleased. People think we should be happy because we were in league 1 2 seasons ago but then look at Ipswich…
Who said our aim was automatic promotion? Speakman certainly didn't say that. Or are you one of those that chose to twist his words?

I don’t disagree, I think non domestic players need a bit longer, especially given some of there ages. I think the OP mentioned that in his opening remarks did he not.

Some of them may come good no doubt about it. Doesn’t detract from the fact that at this moment in time, our foreign recruits aren’t setting the world alight. You’d hope at least one or two by now would be guaranteed starters no? The whole argument in a nutshell is that you can’t make a point without being called a fanny or because it’s just we’ve been beat.

It’s ridiculous. There’s any amount of evidence to show that currently our foreign recruitment hasn’t been brilliant whereas domestically it has.

I wouldn't mate, no. Given their foreign background, age and cost I'd expect them to take a lot longer. I've not seen too many foreigners perform from the off in our leagues, and that's not factoring in their age and cost. Even more experienced lads who have cost a King's ransom have struggled initially, and plenty of them fail altogether.
This, but you have the posters who want Mowbray out now, they don't get that players need time, they expect them to be ready as soon as they sign on the dotted line.

Yep. The "Hit the ground running" crew. You have to wonder where this even comes from, it's not something I've seen happen a lot, in my experience not too many slot straight in, even domestic players need time to adjust and settle. You often see a few adrenaline fuelled performances out of them mind but as soon as that's burned out they begin to stutter.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mate, no. Given their foreign background, age and cost I'd expect them to take a lot longer. I've not seen too many foreigners perform from the off in our leagues, and that's not factoring in their age and cost. Even more experienced lads who have cost a King's ransom have struggled initially, and plenty of them fail altogether.

Yep. The "Hit the ground running" crew. You have to wonder where this even comes from, it's not something I've seen happen a lot, in my experience not too many slot straight in, even domestic players need time to adjust and settle. You often see a few adrenaline fuelled performances out of them mind but as soon as that's burned out they begin to stutter.

So from 13 signings over a 2.5 year period ya not expecting one or two players to be a guaranteed starter?

How many of the 13 have been here 2.5 years?

Yeah but at what point do we deem that fine. If we go up this year, do we apply the same logic. Ah well those lads were bought for the championship so we’ll have to buy another 13 and hope they make it into our 11 in the next year or two?

Yeah but at what point do we deem that fine. If we go up this year, do we apply the same logic. Ah well those lads were bought for the championship so we’ll have to buy another 13 and hope they make it into our 11 in the next year or two?
Now who isn’t answering the question?!

The answer is not many, and of The foreign lads we have signed, only Lihadji has been a failure, and we flogged him sharpish. Evidence of the model and recruitment working

And then had Clarke, Ballard, and co knocking on the door looking for similar so we can throw any wage structure completely out the window, aye. Class mate.

We can't compete with teams with Prem money, simple as that.

Might as well give up then - we are throwing away money on quantity (without having a bona fide CF) rather than quality, reminds me of the MicMac days.

Then it would come down to age, and if we're talking about them featuring in regular games experience comes into play.

The problem with these kids, is they're kids. If they were signed as development players like most other clubs would and being pushed through the academy rather than sitting around doing nothing in the first team then people wouldn't be saying anything.

These mostly shouldn't be in the first team at all and should be out on loan to L1 and L2 teams getting vital experience, we just literally have no-one else to fill their boots.

The problem with these kids, is they're kids. If they were signed as development players like most other clubs would and being pushed through the academy rather than sitting around doing nothing in the first team then people wouldn't be saying anything.

These mostly shouldn't be in the first team at all and should be out on loan to L1 and L2 teams getting vital experience, we just literally have no-one else to fill their boots.
Nice edit. I thought we'd really become a youthful team for a second ;)

Now who isn’t answering the question?!

The answer is not many, and of The foreign lads we have signed, only Lihadji has been a failure, and we flogged him sharpish. Evidence of the model and recruitment working

I answered his question.

Thought you were done responding? Or did you think you might have a way to come back in with a valid argument cos you hate admitting you were wrong.

Just lihadji? Are we forgetting Hoffman and Djaku? You still haven’t answered how it’s been a roaring success.

I answered his question.

Thought you were done responding? Or did you think you might have a way to come back in with a valid argument cos you hate admitting you were wrong.

Just lihadji? Are we forgetting Hoffman and Djaku? You still haven’t answered how it’s been a roaring success.
Hoffman was first choice until the January when Patto came back. Djaku we sold and made money off, but your going back ages here. We are 9th in the championship after finishing in the playoffs last year. Just because we don’t have an all foreign starting line up doesn’t mean those players haven’t played a part to get us where we are now. Ba at Norwich, Bennett at Watford, michut at the end of last season.

But you’re right, I shouldn’t respond anymore, I thought for a second there was a nuanced conversation about SAFC here, sadly I was wrong.

Goodnight

I disagree about aushc like but you are bang on about the rest it has been absolutely shite.

Some people won’t accept it like but most of them look like absolute donkeys

Who said our aim was automatic promotion? Speakman certainly didn't say that. Or are you one of those that chose to twist his words?
I seem to recall the obvious interpretation of his words being promotion. Wasn’t it about improving on last year?

Hoffman was first choice until the January when Patto came back. Djaku we sold and made money off, but your going back ages here. We are 9th in the championship after finishing in the playoffs last year. Just because we don’t have an all foreign starting line up doesn’t mean those players haven’t played a part to get us where we are now. Ba at Norwich, Bennett at Watford, michut at the end of last season.

But you’re right, I shouldn’t respond anymore, I thought for a second there was a nuanced conversation about SAFC here, sadly I was wrong.

Goodnight

There can’t be a nuanced conversation because you completely refuse to budge on anything that has any sort of negative connotation towards anything SAFC related.

The fact you have to point out the odd game, after we’ve signed 13 overseas players shows up until this point, the recruitment in that area has been average.

What would be average to you, may I ask?

There can’t be a nuanced conversation because you completely refuse to budge on anything that has any sort of negative connotation towards anything SAFC related.

The fact you have to point out the odd game, after we’ve signed 13 overseas players shows up until this point, the recruitment in that area has been average.

Tbf it isn’t too much to expect that one of our signing from abroad might actually be able to break into the team and get a game and actually deliver some decent performances like.

On the whole most of them don’t even get a look in.

People can dress it up however they like but our foreign signings on the whole have been pretty poor putting it politely like

Don’t know why people even entertain these threads. As I said a few weeks ago when we lose Mowbray is sh1t the players are sh1t the owners are skint and don’t care KLD is sh1t and Doddsy is sh1t. Win and Mowbray is a genius and Jobe is better than Jude.

Well I think if you look at any of my posts on PF you know that’s not true. I just don’t agree with you and you hate it. I’ve been critical of Mowbray, the starting 11 and lack of plan b. I just refuse to criticise players who have less than 400 minutes in them. Domestic or otherwise. You seem to try to spin this as all out domestic business has been class and foreign has been poor and that’s also not at all true. Both have had ups and downs. Gelhardt, bairstow, bass,
Joe Anderson, Alves, Defoe.

What would be average to me? What does that even mean? Recruitment?

well We were promoted and then finished in the playoffs with no striker and a depleted squad, so if it is average, like you say it has been, then I’m content with it yes.

Back