Our Friends In The North

Ben Gardner

Winger
Apparently, it's on that Britbox now., which gave the BBC a good reason to review it again (link below)
Some interesting points like how many of the storylines echo what's going on now (class inequality, political shenanigans et al)
The article's author has the same viewpoint of one particular scene at the end - very moving.
The cost apparently took up half of BBC2's annual budget for drama!
A few scenes were filmed in Sunderland, particularly Hendon Garths etc. so it's not all Tyneside!

Apparently, it's on that Britbox now., which gave the BBC a good reason to review it again (link below)
Some interesting points like how many of the storylines echo what's going on now (class inequality, political shenanigans et al)
The article's author has the same viewpoint of one particular scene at the end - very moving.
The cost apparently took up half of BBC2's annual budget for drama!
A few scenes were filmed in Sunderland, particularly Hendon Garths etc. so it's not all Tyneside!

It was great, remember watching it when it first came on - great performances from Christopher Eccleston as Nicky Hutchinson. Mark Strong as Terry "Tosker" Cox. Gina McKee as Mary Cox. Daniel Craig as Geordie Peacock and Peter Vaughan as Felix Hutchinson :cool:
Its superb, I've watched it numerous times.

Cant recommend it highly enough.
Gets 8.7/10 on IMDB anarl :cool:

One of my favourite ever TV series. I was living abroad when it first came out and had no idea what people were on about when quoting it. I got the nickname 'Geordie', based on this.
Eventually caught up with it a few years later and loved it. Just given the DVD box set away but might watch it again on Britbox.

One of my favourite ever TV series. I was living abroad when it first came out and had no idea what people were on about when quoting it. I got the nickname 'Geordie', based on this.
Eventually caught up with it a few years later and loved it. Just given the DVD box set away but might watch it again on Britbox.
I agree it was superb and the quality of acting fantastic. Gina McKee, does it for me.

Back