Our Friends In The North

Brilliant series, much of it still relevant today. It's a long time since the events depicted but Episode 7 is always a difficult watch for me.

On a lighter note "Bede Connor" was in my class at school.

I might watch this right through, thanks to the lads that posted the YouTube links.

Just watched the first two episodes on YT for the lack of sod all else on. Picture quality is reasonable for 4:3 SD (if anything it make it feel of its time rather than a shiny HD remaster). Fantastic cast and good writing stands the test of time.

Do you think? I thought Christopher Eccleston and Mark Strong had convincing accents, but Daniel Craig's character was called Geordie so that people could work out where he was meant to be from. Too much like the exaggerated accent people from down south put on when they're taking the piss.

That said it's twenty five years since I watched it.
Watched it for the one and only time a few years ago and I agree, I think I laughed the first time I heard Craig's accent.

Brilliant series, much of it still relevant today. It's a long time since the events depicted but Episode 7 is always a difficult watch for me.

On a lighter note "Bede Connor" was in my class at school.
Get out of here!!! Rod? He was my best man. :lol:

Aye, quiet lad at school, never any bother.
We both went to Chester road, though I didn't know him then. He's a couple of years older than me, I met him in our local in London in 75, he copped onto the accent, and we've been good mates ever since, not seen him now for over 20 years, we lost touch after an accident he had, he's OK now mind, the wife said he's on TV (Doughton abbey, or something) you know, I reckon me and yee have met, you know my cousin, the Dodd, all the other lads and Rod, our paths must have crossed at some time.

We both went to Chester road, though I didn't know him then. He's a couple of years older than me, I met him in our local in London in 75, he copped onto the accent, and we've been good mates ever since, not seen him now for over 20 years, we lost touch after an accident he had, he's OK now mind, the wife said he's on TV (Doughton abbey, or something) you know, I reckon me and yee have met, you know my cousin, the Dodd, all the other lads and Rod, our paths must have crossed at some time.

Most likely. :)

You lived close to my Auntie Alice and Uncle Ted anarl. ;)

Back