Only fools and horses - Jolly Boys Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.

OFAH has the best finale ever written.

Unfortunately it came back afterwards and was terrible.

I saw the musical this time last year, was expecting it to be terrible bit it was brilliant. Captured the characters and the feel of the show perfectly. There's also a fantastic Uncle Albert joke that can only really be done on the revolving stage set.

I hope they hoy it on non stop over Christmas, but no doubt it'll be repeats of Miranda, Mrs Bowns Boys and Call the bastard Midwide ad infinitum

Denzel really didn't like going on the Mary Rose. You can see him mouthing "Fuuuuuucking heeeeellll!"

I loved the camera staying still at Margate station when Trig found walking away a bit too much for him. If it had followed Trig around it wouldn't have had half the comic impact. Great bit of cinematic skill.

Denzel really didn't like going on the Mary Rose. You can see him mouthing "Fuuuuuucking heeeeellll!"

I loved the camera staying still at Margate station when Trig found walking away a bit too much for him. If it had followed Trig around it wouldn't have had half the comic impact. Great bit of cinematic skill.

I've been on that Mary Rose in Margate & my reaction mirrored Denzels :lol:

I bought the dvd boxset a canny few years back, and its been cut to bits by the BBC.
The scene in JBO where they go to the nightclub.....on the dvd it takes up from when they are all in there....misses out trigger saying he's staying in a motel, and del saying (while a woman is singing) that there is a singer on next.
Similar happens in Miami Twice, when Del and Rodney go into the nightclub in Miami. They get out the motorhome, and cross the road, then the next scene is where they are sitting pissed with the gangsters....misses out all the in between stuff.
And again in the nightclub when Rodney first asks Cassandra to dance....jumps straight from betting Jevon and Mickey Pearce, to being on the dance floor.
Apparently the BBC wouldn't pay the royalties to the songs that were playing in the background so just removed the whole scene.

That never crossed my mind about the royalties and I always wondered why they were edited out, especially as there was nothing controversial in the dialogue
I always preferred Uncle Albert, to Grandad.
The part he played and his mannerisms, were a perfect fit, for OFAH.

There was far more scope with Uncle Albert but Grandad came out with some brilliant one liners (The one about the Wendy house especially).

Last edited:
I bought the dvd boxset a canny few years back, and its been cut to bits by the BBC.
The scene in JBO where they go to the nightclub.....on the dvd it takes up from when they are all in there....misses out trigger saying he's staying in a motel, and del saying (while a woman is singing) that there is a singer on next.
Similar happens in Miami Twice, when Del and Rodney go into the nightclub in Miami. They get out the motorhome, and cross the road, then the next scene is where they are sitting pissed with the gangsters....misses out all the in between stuff.
And again in the nightclub when Rodney first asks Cassandra to dance....jumps straight from betting Jevon and Mickey Pearce, to being on the dance floor.
Apparently the BBC wouldn't pay the royalties to the songs that were playing in the background so just removed the whole scene.

Thats interesting, I bought the original boxset that had the DVD's in like a book and that isn't as heavily cut and has all the bits in you are talking about, mind at the time it wasn't cheep but its the best thing I have ever bought. Its all safely backed up on hard drive now so will have it in that form forever!

Thats interesting, I bought the original boxset that had the DVD's in like a book and that isn't as heavily cut and has all the bits in you are talking about, mind at the time it wasn't cheep but its the best thing I have ever bought. Its all safely backed up on hard drive now so will have it in that form forever!
I think the original release was something like £150-£200, which was unedited. The re-releases which followed, same book type format, and around £50 were edited. I wish I had bought the original boxset mind, its bloody annoying watching certain episodes knowing there's some missing.

I think the original release was something like £150-£200, which was unedited. The re-releases which followed, same book type format, and around £50 were edited. I wish I had bought the original boxset mind, its bloody annoying watching certain episodes knowing there's some missing.

This is the one I have I think it cost me about £100 at the time but I was working at HMV and got staff discount to make it that otherwise I think it should have been about £150

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Only-Fools-Horses-Complete-Collection/dp/B000IZK52K

Interesting to see the price of it on Amazon now! If anyone is thinking about it this is the one to get

Thats the one i have....and its edited.

I knew there was some edits on there but I was sure the missing bits you described are on mine!

I have just watched the Jolly Boys Scene your talking about and your right! I have never noticed that in all these years!

But I have also just watched the same bit on Netflix and it is there in full without the cut!

About 20 years ago I subscribed to the magazine that meant you got a DVD every issues and put side to side they showed a montage of the cast. Spent well over £200...binned them when I moved house.

I knew there was some edits on there but I was sure the missing bits you described are on mine!

I have just watched the Jolly Boys Scene your talking about and your right! I have never noticed that in all these years!

But I have also just watched the same bit on Netflix and it is there in full without the cut!
I didnt realise it was on netflix.....thats my viewing sorted for tonight then...cheers for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back