Only fools and horses - Jolly Boys Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been binge watching on Brit Box over the past couple of weeks
Didn't realise its been around for 40 years
John Sullivan actually developed some brilliant characters, not just the leads,
Sullivan did very well to maintain such a high standard after Leonard Pierces (Grandad) demise

I love it when they start wandering off in pairs outside the train station to find the last remaining rooms. Poor Trigger.

Even better I think is the one where Del Boy is asked to give Racquel a compliment and he says something like “see her in that magazine, if she could get in a Bind film then so could you. Yeah, she’s a dog” and it’s his smug expressions afterwards.

Daft fecker who put it on YouTube has clipped the best bit off the end. His expressions are the funniest bit.

Last edited:
I love it when they start wandering off in pairs outside the train station to find the last remaining rooms. Poor Trigger.

Even better I think is the one where Del Boy is asked to give Racquel a compliment and he says something like “see her in that magazine, if she could get in a Bind film then so could you. Yeah, she’s a dog” and it’s his smug expressions afterwards.
Trigger stopped in a motel. They didn’t know he didn’t have a car!

I always though 'Dates' was the best longer episode where he first meets Rachel. The Frog's legacy another cracker too. Best series was the ones with Video Nasty, From Prussia with love, The longest night etc which I think was series 5. The first set of 50 minutes episodes were crackers to which leads to Rodney getting married

I always though 'Dates' was the best longer episode where he first meets Rachel. The Frog's legacy another cracker too. Best series was the ones with Video Nasty, From Prussia with love, The longest night etc which I think was series 5. The first set of 50 minutes episodes were crackers to which leads to Rodney getting married

Eh no way, 5 is the weakest season IMO. Best is 6. To Hull and Back is my favourite feature length

The writing for season 6 was just immense. 6 brilliant episodes and then the Jolly Boys as an Xmas special.

Across all the seasons and specials, there is only really Royal Flush, From Prussia with Love, Miami twice and the godawful last three episodes (which frankly shouldn’t have been filmed) that I don’t rate.

The writing for season 6 was just immense. 6 brilliant episodes and then the Jolly Boys as an Xmas special.

Across all the seasons and specials, there is only really Royal Flush, From Prussia with Love, Miami twice and the godawful last three episodes (which frankly shouldn’t have been filmed) that I don’t rate.

I loved it as a kid and my mam got me all the dvds when they got put in a subscription magazine thing.

As a result I can quote every line of every episode almost word perfect. Apart from Royal Flush. The bit with the gun aside, it’s an awful episode and hence I’ve only seen it a couple of times.

I loved it as a kid and my mam got me all the dvds when they got put in a subscription magazine thing.

As a result I can quote every line of every episode almost word perfect. Apart from Royal Flush. The bit with the gun aside, it’s an awful episode and hence I’ve only seen it a couple of times.

Apparently John Sullivan wasn’t really involved with the writing/production of Royal Flush and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back