Only Connect/University Challenge........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a surprisingly large amount of the questions on UC last night. Was impressed with myself. Got the Final Fantasy question in like the first bar. :lol:

I cannot fathom how people as young as these can possess such encyclopedic knowledge, even really obscure stuff outside the scope of their university studies. I can only assume that they spend all their spare time reading and must be as much fun as toothache!

I cannot fathom how people as young as these can possess such encyclopedic knowledge, even really obscure stuff outside the scope of their university studies. I can only assume that they spend all their spare time reading and must be as much fun as toothache!
saw that last week when there was a question about Tubeway Army - they didn't have a scooby

same on Only Connect with the Alf Common question last night, the good lady was well impressed with my answer

saw that last week when there was a question about Tubeway Army - they didn't have a scooby

same on Only Connect with the Alf Common question last night, the good lady was well impressed with my answer

I got the angle of Sine question yesterday, no idea why or where I'd stored that info.

5 points for me on one that stumped both teams (then 2 points in the next one, which also stumped both teams). And in a semi final too. :cool:

I suspect most of the SMB will get it too. So what comes 4th in the sequence......

£1000 Common

It took me all 3 clues 😳 I did get it right though

As if teenagers would know anything about a band that split up around 40 years ago.
I was in a boozer with my 19 year old last week when a song came on. "Loaded by Primal Scream and isn't it the Andrew Weatherall mix ?" Never touched his phone either.... Never been more proud of the lad tbh

5 points for me on one that stumped both teams (then 2 points in the next one, which also stumped both teams). And in a semi final too. :cool:

I suspect most of the SMB will get it too. So what comes 4th in the sequence......

£1000 Common
I got that one straight away - it's one of my favourite bits of footy trivia.

Toothache among thickies is common iirc

I was in a boozer with my 19 year old last week when a song came on. "Loaded by Primal Scream and isn't it the Andrew Weatherall mix ?" Never touched his phone either.... Never been more proud of the lad tbh

My eldest has got everything from Kendrick Lamar to Sam Cooke on his Spotify, via Maiden and the Clash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back