Only Connect/University Challenge........

Got a surprisingly large amount of the questions on UC last night. Was impressed with myself. Got the Final Fantasy question in like the first bar. :lol:

I cannot fathom how people as young as these can possess such encyclopedic knowledge, even really obscure stuff outside the scope of their university studies. I can only assume that they spend all their spare time reading and must be as much fun as toothache!

I cannot fathom how people as young as these can possess such encyclopedic knowledge, even really obscure stuff outside the scope of their university studies. I can only assume that they spend all their spare time reading and must be as much fun as toothache!
saw that last week when there was a question about Tubeway Army - they didn't have a scooby

same on Only Connect with the Alf Common question last night, the good lady was well impressed with my answer

saw that last week when there was a question about Tubeway Army - they didn't have a scooby

same on Only Connect with the Alf Common question last night, the good lady was well impressed with my answer

I got the angle of Sine question yesterday, no idea why or where I'd stored that info.

5 points for me on one that stumped both teams (then 2 points in the next one, which also stumped both teams). And in a semi final too. :cool:

I suspect most of the SMB will get it too. So what comes 4th in the sequence......

£1000 Common

It took me all 3 clues 😳 I did get it right though

As if teenagers would know anything about a band that split up around 40 years ago.
I was in a boozer with my 19 year old last week when a song came on. "Loaded by Primal Scream and isn't it the Andrew Weatherall mix ?" Never touched his phone either.... Never been more proud of the lad tbh

5 points for me on one that stumped both teams (then 2 points in the next one, which also stumped both teams). And in a semi final too. :cool:

I suspect most of the SMB will get it too. So what comes 4th in the sequence......

£1000 Common
I got that one straight away - it's one of my favourite bits of footy trivia.

Toothache among thickies is common iirc

Back