One of the best debut albums of the 80s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introducing The Hardline According To Terence Trent D’Arby
Jesus Tex no! The horror, the horror!

Heaven 17 and Human League - both take me right back to Hero’s on Fawcett Street circa autumn 1981.

Not strictly a debut as they’d had something else out with different personnel that sank without trace but ‘Fabrique’ by Fashion was mind blowing to me and a tragedy it never caught on.

And on a similar vein of tragedy that it never caught on - a different style of music but once again, ‘Script of the Bridge’ by The Chameleons was a superb debut.
Now you’re talking sense! Not Fashion, mind.

Last edited:
Jesus Tex no! The horror, the horror!

Now you’re talking sense! Not Fashion, mind.

Open your mind to TTD Richie.
Although thinking back, out of your vast vinyl collection I struggle to recall a single Black artist in the entire set, you massive racist. Get some funk in your bones lad. A great joy in my yoof was drunkenly blundering around Chambers dancefloor to ‘Dance Little Sister’:D:oops:

London 0 Hull 4 by The Housemartins

Great tunes, very political and yet very poppy.

Spawned some great singles, shame I never got the chance to see them live.

I recall their appearance on The Tube where they did an outstanding a cappella version of Caravan of Love.

And let's not forget Paul Heaton went on to form The Beautiful South and Norman Cook became Fatboy Slim.

I'm reminded of this because of a nice interview / article in The Guardian the other day.

The Housemartins: how we made Happy Hour

Brilliant album. One of my favourite LPs I had. Always love sticking a houaemartins playlist on Spotify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back