One of the best debut albums of the 80s?

Heaven 17 and Human League - both take me right back to Hero’s on Fawcett Street circa autumn 1981.

Not strictly a debut as they’d had something else out with different personnel that sank without trace but ‘Fabrique’ by Fashion was mind blowing to me and a tragedy it never caught on.

And on a similar vein of tragedy that it never caught on - a different style of music but once again, ‘Script of the Bridge’ by The Chameleons was a superb debut.

This album was so different from anything out there. I was heavily into the punk scene at the time and this album was absolutely so anti-punk that most of my friends absolutely hated it. But something about the album just drew me in. It was chaotic and noisy and harmonious and gentle all at the same time, that I absolutely loved it. My friends used to make fun of me for listening to it, but I've never really been one to give a shit. Haven't listened to it in eons, will have to give it a spin now.
I love it when bands go against the grain, it's how music evolves and brings in a new, this LP is a perfect example of that.

I have had many people slag me off for liking Kajagoogoo but this LP in my eyes, is one of the most underrated LPs of the 80's. It is an electronic masterpiece.

Logon or register to see this image

I love it when bands go against the grain, it's how music evolves and brings in a new, this LP is a perfect example of that.

I have had many people slag me off for liking Kajagoogoo but this LP in my eyes, is one of the most underrated LPs of the 80's. It is an electronic masterpiece.

During the time I was never a fan of electronic music (I absolutely despised Depeche Mode growing up, still not a fan, but I respect their influence and work), so Kajagoogoo was not something I listened to at the time. However, as I've gotten older and expanded my musical tastes, I have listened to them more closely and have really come to appreciate the fact that … they still suck.

:lol:
just kiddin', pal:lol:

During the time I was never a fan of electronic music (I absolutely despised Depeche Mode growing up, still not a fan, but I respect their influence and work), so Kajagoogoo was not something I listened to at the time. However, as I've gotten older and expanded my musical tastes, I have listened to them more closely and have really come to appreciate the fact that … they still suck.

just kiddin', pal:lol:

You’ll get some shit for that one Birdy. And deservedly so!
Just do what I do and hide behind ‘Nick Beggs is an outstanding bass player’ and you might buy back a tiny slice of your street cred! Hang on ... birdy with street cred? ... Never mind!

Check out Ellis Beggs and Howard. ‘Rock Me’ or ‘Big Bubbles’ - class!

You’ll get some shit for that one Birdy. And deservedly so!
Just do what I do and hide behind ‘Nick Beggs is an outstanding bass player’ and you might buy back a tiny slice of your street cred! Hang on ... birdy with street cred? ... Never mind!

Check out Ellis Beggs and Howard. ‘Rock Me’ or ‘Big Bubbles’ - class!
I'll always carry the flag for Kajagoogoo.:cool:

I defo will check them mate.:)

Back