On line divorce, has anyone done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, and it’s not actually that, that’s pissed me off the most, it’s him saying he only stayed when me dad was poorly so he didn’t look bad. He was a twat all the time through that, I’d have felt less lonely if I’d been by myself.
Then I found messages, I’m truly one of the least jealous people you could know, always had the view if someone is going to cheat they’ll cheat whether you are jealous or not. Admittedly gut instinct did tell me to look two weeks ago. He ran like a frightened rabbit

No idea even worse if it was

His loss fuck him

You seem like a kind hearted lass so better off without the twat

Didn't do online, but used a mediator instead of a solicitor - is that a thing in the UK. It really was minimal clart on. No real assigning of blame as such, just drafted up an agreement (splitting of savings, amount I'd give for the kids each month, visitation days) and neither asked for alimony - done really easily, quickly (less than 6 months), cheaply, and no required court attendance

Yep, and it’s not actually that, that’s pissed me off the most, it’s him saying he only stayed when me dad was poorly so he didn’t look bad. He was a twat all the time through that, I’d have felt less lonely if I’d been by myself.
Then I found messages, I’m truly one of the least jealous people you could know, always had the view if someone is going to cheat they’ll cheat whether you are jealous or not. Admittedly gut instinct did tell me to look two weeks ago. He ran like a frightened rabbit

What a bastard. My husband also cheated and I have now been divorced 11 years. He walked out and left me with an 11 year old, a severely disabled 9 year old and I was also ten weeks pregnant with my (our) son. I could have tore his throat out at the time but am now so much happier just me and the kids. You are better off without someone like that. My divorce all went through a solicitor so no idea how to do it online but genuinely hope everything works out well for you xx

Last edited:
What a bastard. My husband also cheated and I have now been divorced 11 years. He walked out and left me with an 11 year old, a 9 year old who was (is) severely disabled and I was also ten weeks pregnant with my (our) son. I could have tore his throat out at the time but am now so much happier just me and the kids. You are better off without someone like that. My divorce all went through a solicitor so no idea how to do it online but genuinely hope everything works out well for you xx
Thank you. And yes, he’s turned out to be just that, he’s not anything like the person I thought. I’m going to shut up or I’ll totally character assassinate him, and if I start I won’t stop :)
That’s awful what happened to you. I’m much happier already, it’s better knowing you are by yourself, I’ve always loved me own company, than thinking someone is there when they aren’t xx

As someone said earlier,it fairly straight forward doing your own divorce as long as you both agree...get forms ,fill them in take then to court,pay the fees...takes about three months...getting solicitors involved meand introducing conflict...solicitors love conflict...
Unfortunately your soon to be ex is entitled to claim on your inheritance...have you actually received it because you can turn it down and let it go to another family member...
Online divorce sites are waste of money

As someone said earlier,it fairly straight forward doing your own divorce as long as you both agree...get forms ,fill them in take then to court,pay the fees...takes about three months...getting solicitors involved meand introducing conflict...solicitors love conflict...
Unfortunately your soon to be ex is entitled to claim on your inheritance...have you actually received it because you can turn it down and let it go to another family member...
Online divorce sites are waste of money
Me mam has put the money into a trust now, as a holding situation, so hopefully that will help. Obviously he can’t claim unless something happens to her. It’s just she was going to pass quite a bit to me, imminently. She’s not now because then he could claim on that as part of a settlement, apparently. Thanks for advice x

You are janey, and you deserve much better than a cock like that. Big (((hugs))) lovely lady, it's stuff like this (and previous heartache) that reinforces my desire to stay single xx
Chin up, onward and upwards ! :D.
Thank you, I think I do too. Not that I want anyone better or not. :) xx

Last edited:
Thank you. And yes, he’s turned out to be just that, he’s not anything like the person I thought. I’m going to shut up or I’ll totally character assassinate him, and if I start I won’t stop :)
That’s awful what happened to you. I’m much happier already, it’s better knowing you are by yourself, I’ve always loved me own company, than thinking someone is there when they aren’t xx

Scary isn't it, you think you really know someone then........

My ex always insisted he would never cheat and I stupidly believed him. He done me a favour in the long run. I can't stand him now, if he dropped dead I honestly wouldn't care less.

You'll be absolutely fine without him xx

Scary isn't it, you think you really know someone then........

My ex always insisted he would never cheat and I stupidly believed him. He done me a favour in the long run. I can't stand him now, if he dropped dead I honestly wouldn't care less.

You'll be absolutely fine without him xx
I will, I know I will, believe me.
I’m not a bloke hater by any stretch but I see what he’s got compared to what he had, and I don’t mean financially, I mean encouragement and confidence to do things. Hey ho, that’s life xx

Reactions: ATS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back