OLED TV deals

Think I paid 1399 for my 55 LG GX and that had 200 quid off from Richer Sounds. Looks like it was going to 900 when they stopped selling them.

When I bought it I was looking at the processor gens and it seemed to be every 2 years for a change but I expect with the semiconductor shortage that made the gap to the next one longer.
Bought my G series in September time and already had to send it back to LG for a new powerboard. Tv stuck in standby mode and red light kept flickering but a known issue.

Had it back within 7 days so can’t complain on service but annoying none the less

Anyone with an LG C1 found a solution to this, I want to get a SONOS beam Soundbar but the stand on the C1 is so small any Soundbar will cover the bottom of the screen.

I don’t want to walk Mount so can any one recommend a new stand to lift the TV a couple of inches

Anyone with an LG C1 found a solution to this, I want to get a SONOS beam Soundbar but the stand on the C1 is so small any Soundbar will cover the bottom of the screen.

I don’t want to walk Mount so can any one recommend a new stand to lift the TV a couple of inches
I take it bracket is no good, one of those with an arm that you can move it around (if it's away from the wall where you need it)?

Finally decided to buy a half decent tele (LG C3), is it worth getting calibrated by someone?

I'm only watching Netflix on it like 😄

Probably not then. TVs these days are closer to perfect than they ever been. Suppose if you were a big movie watcher etc then may be worth it.

LG Oleds are class though.. still love mine and its about 7 years old now

Finally decided to buy a half decent tele (LG C3), is it worth getting calibrated by someone?

if you put in filmmaker mode it wont need it.

I barely adjusted my C1 when I got it. The pictures fantastic already but did adjust the brightness and contrast. Other TV's and monitors I've used a Colour Monkey on it and had various profiles saved.

Bought the 55inch sony bravia xr a8ol oled at Xmas best tv I have ever bought,sound is fantastic no need for sound bar. The picture is very good so I highly recommend this TV if anyone looking. Got it around 1280 now it's back to around 1500 in most places I think, normally tvs go down in price bit this one does not budge much ,was between that and the LG similar tv but when looking and listening to them in stores decided on sony. Probably good choice as I'm going for a playstation which are ideal for this tv

Bought the 55inch sony bravia xr a8ol oled at Xmas best tv I have ever bought,sound is fantastic no need for sound bar. The picture is very good so I highly recommend this TV if anyone looking. Got it around 1280 now it's back to around 1500 in most places I think, normally tvs go down in price bit this one does not budge much ,was between that and the LG similar tv but when looking and listening to them in stores decided on sony. Probably good choice as I'm going for a playstation which are ideal for this tv
Thanks for the review mate, hows the bass ? I'm not a fan of it, is the sound clear without booming ?

Yes. Always. The settings and tweaks you find are a generic stab in the dark, every panel is different.

If you spend big money on a TV it’s with couple of hundred more to get the best out of it.

Yes. Always. The settings and tweaks you find are a generic stab in the dark, every panel is different.

If you spend big money on a TV it’s with couple of hundred more to get the best out of it.

Just had a quote....... £350 😫

You know anyone that does it cheaper?

Just had a quote....... £350 😫

You know anyone that does it cheaper?

Canary_Jules on AVForum - definitely recommend him. I paid 260 + 30 quid to cover his petrol...but that was 2020!

Didn't recall it being that much, so given time and inflation 350 is probably sensible these days!

Last edited:
Canary_Jules on AVForum - definitely recommend him. I paid 260 + 30 quid to cover his petrol...but that was 2020!

Didn't recall it being that much, so given time and inflation 350 is probably sensible these days!
I paid £250 for my LG OLEDB7 calibration back in 2018.
I also bought a 65" LG OLEDG16 in 2021 but I haven't bothered getting that one calibrated.....yet.

Looks like £350 might be the going rate these days then 🤔

Don't think I'll bother

Back