Old men rock stars

ah cool mate. The Cavern show should be awesome ! Re LA Guns....i was never into them mainlycos I wasnt keen on Phil Lewis, even though I had the first Girl LP ,, i think its fair to say ifyou liked him you liked his band .....he did polarise opinion back in the day !!!!

btw whats Riverside like as a venue.....never been there andgoing to see Dan Reed Network there later thisyear.
Hollywood tease.... Great song.

Yeah I suppose I didn't make my point at all, it's the 90% of the kids wearing them that haven't heard a song by either band.

I still have my Dookie t-shirt from when I was 14 - still nar all the words to the album :cool:

Bite my lip and close my eyes, take me away to paradise... ;)

Guns n roses at Download this year was one of the most tragic things I've ever seen like.

I can well believe it. The clips i saw on youtube made me think it was an aging Vince Neil fronting the band and copying the Axl "dance". I never got the hype with GnR anyway. Two albums isnt enough for legend status

I can well believe it. The clips i saw on youtube made me think it was an aging Vince Neil fronting the band and copying the Axl "dance". I never got the hype with GnR anyway. Two albums isnt enough for legend status
Certainly not enough for a 3 hour set or whatever it was. Must've been about 8 covers in there

Quite enjoyed them even though Axl was shot, Ozzy the next night put him to shame like.
Ozzy was great, think it's all just autopilot nowadays mind.

Last edited:
I saw the Stranglers for the first time since 1990 earlier this year - Burnel and Greenfield were far more note perfect than I'd ever seen them in the 40-odd times I saw them back in the day, and Baz Warne and Jim MacAulay were 10 times better than Hugh Cornwell and Jet Black ever were

Looks like your out of luck Mick. This from his page on facebook this morning

After the publicity which is currently surrounding Michael Schenker’s announcement that he most definitely will NOT be joining in with UFO’s advertised outing I would like to make sure that nobody is under the illusion that I will be appearing. It is not made clear in the advertising. I will be touring with my new band (Paul Chapman will not be on guitar sadly but it was a pleasure to see him again). I wish UFO all the luck in the world and I am sure fans would like to see the original line up but for me I can only say RIP UFO
I sat that. Very disappointing. I thought at least there`d be a few guest appearance here and there. Both Shenker and Chapman have both said they`d be up for an occasional show. Who knows, there may still be a chance???

no i didnt know about the UFO farewell tour and you are right about Glenn Hughes and Rodgers. I dunno if you have heard Steve Perrys new track but to me hes not the same either

Btw did u know that Punky Meadows and Frank Dimino of Angel are coming to Trillians ? Were you ever into them ?

yep its time for Nick and Evan to step up ...you think this might happen ? I wouldnt rule it out personally
@bedlington mackem @cluffy Did either of you two go and see Punky and Frank DiMino from Angel last night at Trillians.

Back