Old men rock stars

Are they better than when they were young?
Watching Pink Floyd on ‘YouTube’
I think yes!

No.
Lose their edge. Start to look ridiculous. Compare the Stones now to the Stones in 1970.

Imagine if there was a bloke in his 70s in your local still with daft hair and leather trousers looking like what Ozzy or Keith Richards do. He'd be a figure of fun.

Same as these sad old punks in their 50s still dressing like they're 17

No.
Lose their edge. Start to look ridiculous. Compare the Stones now to the Stones in 1970.

Imagine if there was a bloke in his 70s in your local still with daft hair and leather trousers looking like what Ozzy or Keith Richards do. He'd be a figure of fun.

When we’re you in my local? :)
It’s not really about what they look like but I think Floyd in particularly got better with age.

Daltrey could still rock out a tune for years but starting to fade now and should hang up the mic

Musically a lot of them are still good, perhaps even better after years of experience.
But its not just about that. Its the overall package. The image, the passion and energy as well as the sound.

Not many bands 30 years into their career come up with their best work.

Look at any list of 100 or 500 best albums ever and there'll be very few, if any, by an artist even 20 years into their career

Musically a lot of them are still good, perhaps even better after years of experience.
But its not just about that. Its the overall package. The image, the passion and energy as well as the sound.

Look at any list of 100 or 500 best albums ever and there'll be very few, if any, by an artist even 20 years into their career

Agree completely. Its usually the vocalist that cant keep up with Father Time eg the recently retired Phil Mogg from UFO, Elton John, McCartney, Halford from Priest..even my own hero Paul Stanley from Kiss is a poor vocalist nowadays

No.

I was out yesterday wearing cut off combats and a Clash t shirt..i love the Clash..don't see what's sad about it..i'm 54.

When we’re you in my local? :)
It’s not really about what they look like but I think Floyd in particularly got better with age.

Floyd is my favourite band.

Their early work was groundbreaking (and some was shite tbf) but the sound at that time was a product of the trends of that time.

They have successfully reworked songs through the decades to be relevant for the current era.

That and they are proper musicians. I can thoroughly recommend you watch Echoes live at Pompeii, especially for the interview scenes.

No.

Aye you're right, old blokes should just wear old bloke clothes and fit right in, lets not have any originality here eh.

I think it's class that music has had that much of an impact on them that they continue to keep the style alive. Would be boring as fuck if everyone got to a certain age and went beige.

More embarrassing are the young uns with Nirvana and Ramones t-shirts. I believe we had a fine thread about this recently.

I can't understand the adulation wasted on so called stars of years ago . Aretha Franklin for instance , Her death aws the lead on BBC1. It went on for ELEVEN minutes . She had 1 uk no.1 30 f***ing years ago and she shared that with jawdy michael .

Back