Old men rock stars

No.
Lose their edge. Start to look ridiculous. Compare the Stones now to the Stones in 1970.

Imagine if there was a bloke in his 70s in your local still with daft hair and leather trousers looking like what Ozzy or Keith Richards do. He'd be a figure of fun.

Same as these sad old punks in their 50s still dressing like they're 17
wasted comment

Ha!! yes, I didn`t notice that when I did that...well spotted. I did take some photos but I`m not sure how to post them on here. As for an interview I did ask for one with both but I was told they probably wouldn`t have much time `cos of pre-show meet and greets so disappointingly I didn`t get one but I did interview Frank a couple of years ago about his solo album. I have however just interviewed Michael Schenker, Dan Reed and Charlie Starr from Blackberry Smoke as well as Jeff Wayne from War of the Worlds and am waiting to hear back about Jaz Coleman of Killing Joke and Wayne Kramer from MC5. It`s a busy time of year!!
Have you talked the teutonic twat into joining up with Pete for UFO`s final tour then by any chance? :lol:

Have you talked the teutonic twat into joining up with Pete for UFO`s final tour then by any chance? :lol:
He said unless Pete Way and Ron Nevison(the producer) was involved in some way then he wouldn`t do it. He did say however that he`d ask Phil Mogg (and Klaus Meine) to join his Michael Schenker Fest next year.

He said unless Pete Way and Ron Nevison(the producer) was involved in some way then he wouldn`t do it. He did say however that he`d ask Phil Mogg (and Klaus Meine) to join his Michael Schenker Fest next year.
that`d be good. I think their Rudy has done a few and i`m sure ive seen videos of Pete Way doing a couple with him as well

How did you find Schenker ?. I remember talking to Pete Way back stage at the city hall once and Schenker had his own little cordoned off area away from the band. I don't think he was speaking to any of them. Really looking forward to the Killing Joke gig in a few weeks. Hope you get your interview with Jaz.
Schenker was great. He`s very talkative and so enthusiastic about what he`s doing now. Can`t wait to see the show with Gary Barden and Graham Bonnet along with Doogie White and Robin McAuley, 4 lead singers from his past, with Chris Glenn and Ted McKenna back on bass and drums. It was my first ever show on the Assault Attack tour so it`s going to be a special show for me seeing that same line up on stage together that I saw 36 years ago.
Fingers crossed on Jaz. He`s a tricky man to get pinned down but the PR bloke is still hopeful it`ll happen.

A question in a quiz yesterday, when did the Rolling Stones last have a top ten single in the UK charts? (+ or - 1 year either side)

No idea of the answer but even when I was a kid (i’m 48 :() I thought the Stones were old when in reality they had been around for far less time than some bands I think of as ‘modern’ now which is worrying.

Back