Oktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

In true SMB fashion, I'm not going to answer the question you are asking but if you want to save money, we went at Easter when there was a mini Oktoberfest which was still massive. Not sure if it's on every year.
We've also been to the Stuttgart one which is absolutely tremendous. We fitted in a match whilst we were there as well.
Stuttgart Beer Festival 2019

I’ve heard good things about the Stuttgart festival . Far less commercial and therefore less rammed than the Munich one, but still plenty of ale on the go.

Went to barca a few weeks ago with the missus.
I may be wrong, but didn't seem like a piss up place? We loved it mind, loads of good bars / tapas places.
The big trendy bars seem to be at the beach, but couldn't be arsed with that like. Lots of craft ale / lager places nr Catalunya sq area
That is my point. It's a mate's 40th. They decided on Barca and that will be bad enough. A beer festival in Germany would be dangerous.

I've done munich twice, and it's proper good fun. As long as you eat shitloads, don't drink too fast, and stay the fuck off the spinning rides then you should be alright. When you get chucked out of the tents at the end of your session, just go and find one of the beer gardens to continue.

I did airbnb both times.

I've done munich twice, and it's proper good fun. As long as you eat shitloads, don't drink too fast, and stay the fuck off the spinning rides then you should be alright. When you get chucked out of the tents at the end of your session, just go and find one of the beer gardens to continue.

I did airbnb both times.
We went on all the big spinning upside down rides late on after a few steins!

Dusseldorf is brilliant. 10 of us had a mint time. Pubs everywhere. Got back on Monday and I still haven't passed a solid.

In Stuttgart we walked into the festival wondering who would go on such things (I'm terrified of heights), after a few steins we were on all of them.
That was us too! I can't stand heights, then went on these huge things, even looking down and waving at folk at the bottom.
Would never have gone on sober!

Got back from 4 days at Munich oktoberfest on Sunday night - still rough now and am yoit to have a solid poo or piss that doesn't smell of sugar puffs

It was f***ing brilliant

5.9% most of them
Did you get to go to many bars or anything ypu recommend for munich i have 6days there for the euros next year

Just a few bars in town on the way from the hotel to the festival site - its all about the tents and beer gardens at Oktoberfest
True im staying fairly close to the city centre im sure there will be plenty of decent bars and restaurants i do like my German lager which helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back