Oktoberfest

I'm at the stuttgart one now (well am actually having a little nap before we go out at 3!)

Really good, massive venue, loads of fairground rides etc.
Far better than I expected, great atmosphere, no edge, shit music.

The only downside it's not really a beer festival, in the sense their isn't a variety of beer.
Just the same type in 1litre steins.

I'm at the stuttgart one now (well am actually having a little nap before we go out at 3!)

The only downside it's not really a beer festival, in the sense their isn't a variety of beer.

Nearly fell out of a rollercoaster car when I went there.

Have you been to the Wurst Koch stall for a gobble on some sausage?

Nearly fell out of a rollercoaster car when I went there.

Have you been to the Wurst Koch stall for a gobble on some sausage?
I got a couple of sausages last night, presumably a few wurst stalls though?

Never did the rollercoaster, but got coaxed into going on one of these massive things that takes you upside down and hangs for ages. Made me feel ill - was about 9.30, ended the night for us all who went on it!

Looking forward to getting back out in a few minutes!
I've never been more destroyed than on the Monday after 3 days at the Munich one. Fuck me, if you'd have given me a cyanide pill I'd have taken it. :lol:
3 days seems excessive!
Were here yesterday and today, be more than ready to go back tomorrow morning!

Last edited:
Still have the giant heart-shaped cookie some fraulein gave me last time but they removed the 2 steins I tried to leave with up my trouser legs. I was staying on Hohlapfelstrasse (next to Augustiner) which is no more than a couple of 100 yards away from the Theresienwiese but it still took us an hour and a half to get back.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't go to a German beer festival with my mates. It would be too scary.

Barca this month is bad enough.
The Saturday was like something from a medieval banquet. Absolutely feral.

Had to get a coach to Stuttgart on the Monday morning to get the flight back, we were almost going to miss it so only had the chance to buy a 500ml bottle of water for a 3 hour journey. Gone within ten minutes.

I was honestly almost in tears

Last edited:

Went to barca a few weeks ago with the missus.
I may be wrong, but didn't seem like a piss up place? We loved it mind, loads of good bars / tapas places.
The big trendy bars seem to be at the beach, but couldn't be arsed with that like. Lots of craft ale / lager places nr Catalunya sq area

In true SMB fashion, I'm not going to answer the question you are asking but if you want to save money, we went at Easter when there was a mini Oktoberfest which was still massive. Not sure if it's on every year.
We've also been to the Stuttgart one which is absolutely tremendous. We fitted in a match whilst we were there as well.
Stuttgart Beer Festival 2019
It was each year when I was there. It's called the Frülingsgrst and I thought it better than the Oktoberfest when the beer is watered down.

That's cos it's a proper beer festival and not some shit gathering arranged by awld fuddy duddies in beige trousers to sip halves of some ale with a daft name.

Got back from 4 days at Munich oktoberfest on Sunday night - still rough now and am yoit to have a solid poo or piss that doesn't smell of sugar puffs

It was f***ing brilliant
Heard it all now. 😂.

Watered down beer at Oktoberfest? Haway man.

5.9% most of them

Last edited:
Got back from 4 days at Munich oktoberfest on Sunday night - still rough now and am yoit to have a solid poo or piss that doesn't smell of sugar puffs

It was f***ing brilliant

5.9% most of them
Dont know how you did 4 days marra.
2 nights more than enough for me like!

Back