Oktoberfest

vote quimby

Striker
Looking at booking a lads weekend away somewhere. Never done this before.
Anyone done it and are there any decent recommendations for places to stay? Cheaper the better really, good value.

Looking at booking a lads weekend away somewhere. Never done this before.
Anyone done it and are there any decent recommendations for places to stay? Cheaper the better really, good value.
In true SMB fashion, I'm not going to answer the question you are asking but if you want to save money, we went at Easter when there was a mini Oktoberfest which was still massive. Not sure if it's on every year.
We've also been to the Stuttgart one which is absolutely tremendous. We fitted in a match whilst we were there as well.
https://www.stuttgart-tourist.de/en/e-stuttgart-beer-festival-2019

In true SMB fashion, I'm not going to answer the question you are asking but if you want to save money, we went at Easter when there was a mini Oktoberfest which was still massive. Not sure if it's on every year.
We've also been to the Stuttgart one which is absolutely tremendous. We fitted in a match whilst we were there as well.

Was that when your digs had a time travelling device that took you back to the 70's?

Only been the once but only for a day. I've looked at doing it for a weekend break but digs are very expensive during the time its on. I've also noted that the likes of Easyjet hike their prices up too. I suppose if you book early enough you'll get decent priced digs. Munich is a piece of piss to get around by public transport too so if your digs were on the outskirts you could get to the fair ground where its held very easily.

Apparently, the Stuttgart Beer festival is better. Never been to that one though.

I’ve been Stuttgart one and it’s massive
The fairground was like a mini theme park with roller coasters

Ein Prosit, ein Prosit

My brother in law goes to Stuttgart one every year. Loves it.. better class of clientele

I've been to the one in Hannover too. To be fair they are all decent especially on the main weekend
Ahh right. So it goes on all over German? I've always wanted to go to Berlin. Might save that for me and our lass like.
Reckon a 2 night stay would be enough for the Fest?

Did Munich Oktoberfest 2 years back, 3 days, utterly ruined come the end of it, good fun though. Definitely need a good amount of money. We stayed in NH Muenchen City Süd which was basic but did the job, taxi'd/trained between locations

Been twice and would thoroughly recomend it. We stayed in a hostel (AO hostel I think it was called) both times about 10 minutes walk from the event.

Excellent atmosphere, stunning women and lush food and drink.

Booking the hotel is the hardest part as they go as soon as they go on sale.

Ahh right. So it goes on all over German? I've always wanted to go to Berlin. Might save that for me and our lass like.
Reckon a 2 night stay would be enough for the Fest?
Berlin has one at the beginning of August, but its in the middle of the main street, and is about 1km long. Its not a big event though compared to Oktober fest, and prices don't go up just because the beer festival is on.

Been twice and would thoroughly recomend it. We stayed in a hostel (AO hostel I think it was called) both times about 10 minutes walk from the event.

Excellent atmosphere, stunning women and lush food and drink.

Booking the hotel is the hardest part as they go as soon as they go on sale.

I know an Aussie lad and he has been going for 20 years.. he stays in a good hotel right at the entrance..it's just a recurring booking.. costs him a fair bit of wedge more

Back