Obesity discrimination

Discussion in 'SMB' started by RestlessNatives, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

True. There needs to be a change in how we live our lives. A bit of shaming might help:lol:

2. Paddy O'Dors

Paddy O'Dors Striker

I fashion severely restricted for the bigger lass? Cos they seem to wear nowt but leggings every day. I'm not au fait with women's fashion and stuff but I'm guessing this is probably all they can comfortably fit into.

3. Well I previously deleted the fact we used to educate the fat kids at school by calling them fatties, but I don't think you could get away with that anymore in school, or putting the fat kid in goal as he covered most of the goal, he knew why he was put in goal in them days

4. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

The fatties will be taking the piss out of the one skinny kid.

myleftfoot1978 likes this.
  5. S.S.R..

S.S.R.. Midfield

Let's take it to the logical conclusion: It's discrimination to stop me getting a job because I'm too stupid and lazy to do it. I should have the right to do a job slowly and go home two hours early. I also can't get my arse out of bed, so I get to rock up at work later than everyone else.

I have no personal responsibility to correct these negative traits and if I'm judged for them, I am being illegally repressed.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. Hep

Hep Midfield

how can being fat be the outcome of a disability? The laws of physics surely win here. If you don't put it in your mouth you can't put the weight on.

7. Rick O Shea

Rick O Shea Winger

If someone is too fat to undertake the tasks required to fulfil the job they are trying to secure then I don't see how it can be discrimination.

I can't remember the exact details - but there are growing problems (pun intended) with offshore workers getting so fat that they can't use helicopter emergency exits in the event of a ditching. They have to be an appropriate size to do the job - it's not about discrimination - it's a matter of health & safety.

mackembulldog and Mango killa like this.
  8. Mango killa

Mango killa Full Back

How ya fucking helmet,, just remembered you had a sly dig at me last week as i was advocating that it was good to abstain from drinky’s for a while as i was trying to drop a few pounds. Bet your a laugh down the pub, boring kernt iirc. So when i am following your advice i am a knob;);):lol::lol:

9. Horatio Pugwash

Horatio Pugwash Striker

Try using broccoli rice as a base for a really healthy pizza
    The recipe is kicking about online.

It's lush

They brought new regs in a few years to weed out the fatties. There are still seat restrictions for them though

Aituk7 likes this.
  10. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

Seen it, gonna try it next week!

Gonna use proper mozzarella and drizzle the coli in olive oil before crisping it. High in healthy fats and nutrients.

11. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

that's a big old portion of rice.

12. Horatio Pugwash

Horatio Pugwash Striker

Just squeeze as much of the liquid out of the broccoli rice as possible before you pre cook the base.
    Lovely!!

Aituk7 likes this.
  13. Mary Hinge

Mary Hinge Striker

Less bait in the Canteen......

14. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

I looked online and it said a cup of rice was 200 calories so between us that was my best guess.

15. Boinger

Boinger Winger

Nail on the head.

16. WHD

WHD Striker

Not all microwave meals will make you fat. I picked up a couple yesterday and they had 100 - 130 calories per 100g. They might not be very nutritious, but it's a bit of a myth IMO that eating them makes you gain weight.

Titus likes this.
  17. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

Not allowed to say it how it is anymore in case it "offends" someone. Fkn ridiculous. Aye, it's my fault you're a 22stone fat kernt in a mobility scooter costing the NHS millions every month.

What happened to this planet?

18. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

Convenience food is laced with fat salt and sugar. None of them will get you fat on their own though.

19. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

It’s definitely discrimination if, after having paid double for an ‘amenity’ seat, you then find the two seats are deliberately placed separately and you will need to pay again to get two together. That is seriously taking the piss.

Some Random Guy likes this.
  20. WHD

WHD Striker

One of the meals in question has 1.6g of sugar and 0.5g of salt per 100g .

Would you class that as high?