Obesity discrimination

Yes harry it is, but people would rather watch tv our play computer games and laze around, if your taught in school it sticks with you, just like if your mam and dad cook proper meals I would think your more likely to when you grow up, if your fed on pizza and chicken nuggets everynight I would guess and its only a guess that's what you will be serving up when your a adult at tea time for yourself and your kids, educate the kids early, I grew up cooking with me mam and learning the basic skills and I do have the occasional pizza and chicken nuggets night, but I prefer to cook myself and my kids a proper meal everynight
True. There needs to be a change in how we live our lives. A bit of shaming might help:lol:

I fashion severely restricted for the bigger lass? Cos they seem to wear nowt but leggings every day. I'm not au fait with women's fashion and stuff but I'm guessing this is probably all they can comfortably fit into.

True. There needs to be a change in how we live our lives. A bit of shaming might help:lol:

Well I previously deleted the fact we used to educate the fat kids at school by calling them fatties, but I don't think you could get away with that anymore in school, or putting the fat kid in goal as he covered most of the goal, he knew why he was put in goal in them days

Let's take it to the logical conclusion: It's discrimination to stop me getting a job because I'm too stupid and lazy to do it. I should have the right to do a job slowly and go home two hours early. I also can't get my arse out of bed, so I get to rock up at work later than everyone else.

I have no personal responsibility to correct these negative traits and if I'm judged for them, I am being illegally repressed.

Last edited:
If you can justifiably claim that you’re weight amounts to a disability or is one of the outcomes of a disability then it is already covered in the Equalities Act.
how can being fat be the outcome of a disability? The laws of physics surely win here. If you don't put it in your mouth you can't put the weight on.

If someone is too fat to undertake the tasks required to fulfil the job they are trying to secure then I don't see how it can be discrimination.

I can't remember the exact details - but there are growing problems (pun intended) with offshore workers getting so fat that they can't use helicopter emergency exits in the event of a ditching. They have to be an appropriate size to do the job - it's not about discrimination - it's a matter of health & safety.

Fat celebrities who "own their size" and take their kit off are celebrated.
It's a health risk, and legitimizing it and making it acceptable might let the obese ones feel accepted, but you wouldn't celebrate a heroin addiction or somebody's alcoholism.
It's terribly bad for the own persons health with increased risk of cancers, heart disease, diabetes etc and obesity is a huge drain on NHS resources.

They shouldn't be discriminated against or abused or shamed or bullied for it, but this bad lifestyle choice should not be tolerated or celebrated in the way it is.

If there's an actor or a model who are in perfect shape, then celebrate them because that takes effort and dedication. It's extremely hard to look like that compared to looking obese. Don't havea go at somebody who looks after themselves just for making slobs feel bad.
Sitting still for 23 hours a day and consuming 30 litres of pop a week and eating from the take away takes no dedication, no effort and the results happen very quickly.
How ya f***ing helmet,, just remembered you had a sly dig at me last week as i was advocating that it was good to abstain from drinky’s for a while as i was trying to drop a few pounds. Bet your a laugh down the pub, boring kernt iirc. So when i am following your advice i am a knob;);):lol::lol:

True. And the food doesn't have to be boring. I made a curry one night for me and our lass with coliflower rice instead of normal rice. Basically you buy a coliflower grinder for 8 quid and that does the work for you. Honestly we both said the coli rice tasted better than actual rice... it was lush, full of minerals and approx. 400 calories less than normal rice.
Try using broccoli rice as a base for a really healthy pizza
The recipe is kicking about online.

It's lush

If someone is too fat to undertake the tasks required to fulfil the job they are trying to secure then I don't see how it can be discrimination.

I can't remember the exact details - but there are growing problems (pun intended) with offshore workers getting so fat that they can't use helicopter emergency exits in the event of a ditching. They have to be an appropriate size to do the job - it's not about discrimination - it's a matter of health & safety.
They brought new regs in a few years to weed out the fatties. There are still seat restrictions for them though

True. And the food doesn't have to be boring. I made a curry one night for me and our lass with coliflower rice instead of normal rice. Basically you buy a coliflower grinder for 8 quid and that does the work for you. Honestly we both said the coli rice tasted better than actual rice... it was lush, full of minerals and approx. 400 calories less than normal rice.
that's a big old portion of rice.

Education is needed from a very early age, everyone in school should leave with some knowledge of how to cook for themselves, but it seems people would rather bang something in the micro wave
Not all microwave meals will make you fat. I picked up a couple yesterday and they had 100 - 130 calories per 100g. They might not be very nutritious, but it's a bit of a myth IMO that eating them makes you gain weight.

Not allowed to say it how it is anymore in case it "offends" someone. Fkn ridiculous. Aye, it's my fault you're a 22stone fat kernt in a mobility scooter costing the NHS millions every month.

What happened to this planet?

Not all microwave meals will make you fat. I picked up a couple yesterday and they had 100 - 130 calories per 100g. They might not be very nutritious, but it's a bit of a myth IMO that eating them makes you gain weight.
Convenience food is laced with fat salt and sugar. None of them will get you fat on their own though.

It depends on how you are being discriminated against.

Is it discrimination if you are so big you need to buy two seats on a plane?

It’s definitely discrimination if, after having paid double for an ‘amenity’ seat, you then find the two seats are deliberately placed separately and you will need to pay again to get two together. That is seriously taking the piss.

Back