O’Shea

He had decent finishes with Blackburn & Fulham tbf. And whilst he never qualified with Wales, he came the closest to qualifying since the 50s

As for Bruce, FA cup is entirely luck of the draw. Chesterfield were robbed out of a cup final appearance v boro. Hughes has had higher PL finishes
Get Malcolm Crosby back he got us to the Fa cup final.

whereas ipswich are beneffitting from it with mckenna
As always it's unpredictable. Some work, some don't and they can be great at one club and awful at another. There is too much dressing up of football with flowery talk, reinventing the basic terminology and equating football tactics with 'philosophy' (half of them couldn't spell philosophy never mind express it). A lot of that comes from the coaches inventing a vocabulary to elevate their position. I don't mind what a coach or manager's playing achievements are, just that they do a good job. It's not happening for us just now.

As always it's unpredictable. Some work, some don't and they can be great at one club and awful at another. There is too much dressing up of football with flowery talk, reinventing the basic terminology and equating football tactics with 'philosophy' (half of them couldn't spell philosophy never mind express it). A lot of that comes from the coaches inventing a vocabulary to elevate their position. I don't mind what a coach or manager's playing achievements are, just that they do a good job. It's not happening for us just now.
well i agree with you a lot on that..though I dont think its the individual coaches that are using flowery language to elevate their positions..I think that the concepts have always been around..but the fancy language has been put on to it by the people who teach the coaching courses and in the universities...the langauge has been academicised...just as academic langauge is used for any other professional teaching..the difference is some coaches hear the academic wording..but dont feel the need to use it outside the class room,,they use the simple, evergreen langauge to convey it...for me, its the less self confident coaches who hide in the bullshit..
moyes literally teaches on the pro licence course I think..so knows that language..but never uses it in meida..because he doent feel the need to...whereas lee johnson,..who will never go on to have the career of a moyes...uses it to cover up his inadequacies...

well i agree with you a lot on that..though I dont think its the individual coaches that are using flowery language to elevate their positions..I think that the concepts have always been around..but the fancy language has been put on to it by the people who teach the coaching courses and in the universities...the langauge has been academicised...just as academic langauge is used for any other professional teaching..the difference is some coaches hear the academic wording..but dont feel the need to use it outside the class room,,they use the simple, evergreen langauge to convey it...for me, its the less self confident coaches who hide in the bullshit..
moyes literally teaches on the pro licence course I think..so knows that language..but never uses it in meida..because he doent feel the need to...whereas lee johnson,..who will never go on to have the career of a moyes...uses it to cover up his inadequacies...
First off, best typing ;)

You are probably right though Moyes is a bad exemplar in these quarters.

99 per cent pf managers in the world would saw their cocks off to have had a career as successful as that of steve bruce in management.
Was it really that successful?
Wigan was definitely his peak. Getting sacked from every job since can hardly be deemed successful even if he initially did ok at some of the clubs.

Was it really that successful?
Wigan was definitely his peak. Getting sacked from every job since can hardly be deemed successful even if he initially did ok at some of the clubs.
overall i think so..three promotions from the championship..top ten finish with safc (not bettered by anyone since) cup final with wigan..and an 8 million pay off from newcastle!

I'm not against the idea of taking a punt on him, but how many players who played under Ferguson have actually turned out to be a decent manager? A few have had a couple of decent seasons & that's about it.
A few decent seasons would do me . Soon as things start turning shit we will sack him anyway . Its the way the game has gone anyway . If ferguson was starting at man united now he would have been fired before he turned it around .

overall i think so..three promotions from the championship..top ten finish with safc (not bettered by anyone since) cup final with wigan..and an 8 million pay off from newcastle!
I read that at the time he was the second highest paid manager after Alex Ferguson due to the amount of compensation he received from the jobs he got sacked from. Granted he did better at Championship level.

Back