O’Shea

I'm not against the idea of taking a punt on him, but how many players who played under Ferguson have actually turned out to be a decent manager? A few have had a couple of decent seasons & that's about it.
Aye but O'Shea is a bit different - he's a journeyman.

If we were going to take a punt on an ex-player I would rather it was Super Kev

I'd have taken a punt in league 1. However with Shields he had the biggest resources available in the league & only limped over the line. Isn't setting the world alight with pools either. I'd rather have him than dodds but if he came & failed it'd stain his reputation here.

Mark Hughes is probably the best out of them having a few decent seasons (a bit hit & miss depending on club) and did canny for Wales.

What did he do? Except from never qualifying for Wales and spending about 500 million at Man City... And won nothing.
The closest 2 people when it comes to ex-Fergie players is either Michael Appleton (Yes he's ex-fergie but never made an appearance) or Steve Bruce, who actually achieved more than Hughes did getting to a final of an FA Cup.
Atleast Keane won a trophy even if it's just a Championship one.

The biggest thing we can take, being an ex-Fergie player means absolutely fuck all.

Last edited:
What did he do? Except from never qualifying for Wales and spending about 500 million at Man City... And won nothing.
The closest 2 people when it comes to ex-Fergie players is either Michael Appleton (Yes he's ex-fergie but never made an appearance) or Steve Bruce, who actually achieved more than Hughes did getting to a final of an FA Cup.
Atleast Keane won a trophy even if it's just a Championship one.

The biggest thing we can take, being an ex-Fergie player means absolutely fuck all.

He had decent finishes with Blackburn & Fulham tbf. And whilst he never qualified with Wales, he came the closest to qualifying since the 50s

As for Bruce, FA cup is entirely luck of the draw. Chesterfield were robbed out of a cup final appearance v boro. Hughes has had higher PL finishes

Back