O’Shea

I'm not against the idea of taking a punt on him, but how many players who played under Ferguson have actually turned out to be a decent manager? A few have had a couple of decent seasons & that's about it.
Robson
Bruce
Hughes
Ince
Robins
Keane
Neville

Probably in that order

Last edited:
Ince hasn't been better than Keane in the slightest bit. Unless I'm missing Ince managing in the premier league
Wasn’t about in premier league was about being decent which arguably ince has
Well he’s certainly had more jobs than Keane in management

& ince has a better win Ratio than Keane in the manager stakes too

39.2 ince

38.7 Keane

Last edited:

39.2 ince

38.7 Keane

Aye Keanes managed in higher leagues than Ince has.

147 of his 289 matches were in League one and League Two. Keane undoubtedly the better manager. In fact I'd be amazed if it was ever a debate. It's certainly not a debate people would take seriously

There are a lot of people who worked under Ferguson which does not make them good managers. Steve Bruce springs to mind. I think JOS is not a bad shout but would be more interested to see how he does, preferably in a club role first.

Keane had a great 2 seasons before he went full mental
mark hughes had an OK career as did Bruce...both operated at a higher level than SAFC are currently at albeit not anywhere near the very top echelon..
There are a lot of people who worked under Ferguson which does not make them good managers. Steve Bruce springs to mind. I think JOS is not a bad shout but would be more interested to see how he does, preferably in a club role first.
99 per cent pf managers in the world would saw their cocks off to have had a career as successful as that of steve bruce in management..
Ince hasn't been better than Keane in the slightest bit. Unless I'm missing Ince managing in the premier league
ince manafed blackbrun in the premeir league didnt he? albeit briefly adnd unsuccessfully?
I mean I agree keane had the better managerial career like..

Last edited:
mark hughes had an OK career as did Bruce...both operated at a higher level than SAFC are currently at albeit not anywhere near the very top echelon..

99 per cent pf managers in the world would saw their cocks off to have had a career as successful as that of steve bruce in management..

ince manafed blackbrun in the premeir league didnt he? albeit briefly adnd unsuccessfully?
I mean I agree keane had the better managerial career like..
Aye he had 17 games before getting sacked for being a shite manager.

39.2 ince

38.7 Keane

Using those metrics, Robson would be near the bottom. Both Hughes & Bruce have had better managenent careers than him

o shea was a terrible player for us. the only thing he did was turn up, spent all game pointing at others whilst he stood still watching the opposition run past him. picked up a canny pension from the club though.

39.2 ince

38.7 Keane

Ince one the worst ones ffs. Took a decent Blackburn team Mark Hughes left to join City as relegation fodder and made a name for having a decent 6 months at MK Dons. Basically Michael Beale 10 years ago.

Bruce is a decent manager. At least until the team gets full of his signings.

He’d probably be decent in a DoF type structure (not for us though, thanks)

Back