NUFC/Sportswashing - Summer 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lying eh?

You said no one suggested that they needed a football club to get away with human rights abuses. I've just quoted you saying just that.

Mad innit?

Meanwhile Skylon is celebrating me getting rinsed because he misunderstood a post. Wow
So you're pretending not to know the difference between absolute and relative terms.

Sportswashing goon.

Just watching match of the day, assume its been pointed out that if Bruce served that performance up he'd have been vilified by their fans? And that's before you look at how much Howe has spent.

An explainer for Skylon, who seems to be a very slow learner.

Until now, the Saudis have got on with whatever they've been wanting to do. MBS shaking hands and making deals with world leaders. Human rights issues were not a problem for them. They have not required a football club to help them with any of that.

Are you still with me?

Now, they're wanting to diversify their wealth by increasing tourism, all that 2030 stuff. But who the fuck wants to go there, right? Not me, not you and for good reason. That's why they feel they need a club to associate with to raise their reputation. It's not to make the deals they've been making for generations while committing the same human rights abuses that world leaders don't give two fucks about.

Are we on the same page? Can you see there's no contradiction there?
How would buying nufc improve tourism?, it is sportswashing plain and simple, do you know anyone that would like to holiday there?, apart from 52,000 screaming teatowel wearing jawdees.

He rarely influences the game imo. Obviously has a few canny tricks but apart from that he’s shite
5 goals last season all resulting in draws. Without those 5 points the pressure would really have been on going into the last 5/6 games. Mags not in a position to discard goal threats.

Scum fans eating out from food banks partly caused but one of their owners who funds the Tories, meanwhile scum fans also having to choose between eating or heating this winter - meanwhile their majority owners…. Best owners in the world apparently, won’t be able to afford to go and watch them soon, you’re being played ya Geordie goons.

Scum fans eating out from food banks partly caused but one of their owners who funds the Tories, meanwhile scum fans also having to choose between eating or heating this winter - meanwhile their majority owners…. Best owners in the world apparently, won’t be able to afford to go and watch them soon, you’re being played ya Geordie goons.

The Reubens match every donation collected by NUFC Fan’s Foodbank at home matches yet donates millions to the government that caused them.

I don't ignore their human rights record for a start. Mike Ashley is clearly a worse owner when it comes to running a football club, we were headed in one direction under him and look what's happened since the takeover.

I'm talking about the culture of Saudi Arabia, not how the club is being run. You should have cottoned on to that from the thousands of years bit
How do you know Mike Ashley is a worse owner than this current ownership? You’ve barely had a season under their tenure. Ashley got you 5th one season, yous are no where near getting to that position. And you have ignored their human rights record, you’ve accepted them with open arms.

The Reubens match every donation collected by NUFC Fan’s Foodbank at home matches yet donates millions to the government that caused them.

His own micro version of sportswashing. Incredible

.. I bet Chi is pissed off that she hasn't got her share for her efforts ..

What happened to the whole North East benefitting from the Saudi’s taking over like the Mags announced? Have they ended the need for food banks yet or was it just all bullshit from the Saudi apologists in the vein hope of winning silverware.

I’d have more respect if they just admitted they didn’t give a shiny shit about the horrific acts their owners committed and are happy to accept them so they can be the richest club in the world.

Similarly I’d have had more respect if they hadn’t spouted the shit about not wanting the murderous, heinous regime to take over because they wanted to be the richest club in the world, but because of the impact not being taken over was having on their mental health and the regeneration of the North East.

If you are going to be owned by them, own it for the real reasons you want them to own you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back