Now That 40K looks certain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely our aim is to provide the kind of support that turns the stadium into a fortress, not breaking records which nobody outside the north east will remember. It is very mag like to constantly be praising ourselves for the impressive attendances this season. What would impress me more is if away supporters were commenting on the noise and intimidating atmosphere rather than singing "is this a library?" There are a lot of us, but at home the support is lukewarm.
Well said, the back patting is getting on my tits. I'm personally against holding scarves or cards or any other pre-planned bollocks like that. I do however, accept that I'm a miserable old bastard and may be in the minority.

We used to go to football to watch the match, now it seems we go to impress others.

Last edited:

Fuck you on about? Sunderland haven't really been a club that does flags (liverpool, yes) . No one has taken a scarf to the match for about 50 years unless its freezing cold

I think we need them clackers that Leicester got though - just to keep up with the times ( Or just all turn up and make a great big noise like its always been )
I we have been miserable boring fuckers for years now for most home games.. Do you not think we need a bit of positivity for Christ's sake.. And are you serious about us making a noise?

It would be great to see all our fans take flags and scarves to the Bradford game and make it a visual and noise spectacular to send a message out to the world that we are on our way back..

Would we not be better just trying to get another 40,000 v Shrewsbury? I mean there is full transport on that day and everything unlike the skeleton service that goes off early v Bradford.

That's quite untrue.

I, and many others, know which fallen clubs have kept their support and admired it.

I even feel pleased for Leeds supporters, who I usually despise, because many have stuck with the club despite some terrible years.

No club is an island as they say.

There is no doubt we will receive media attention because of the size of our gate. Hopefully we will back it up with a thumping win this time instead of the usual non performance and defeat in front of a bumper bank holiday crowd

Tickets are selling quite well for this game..

I don't doubt it but its a Christmas game on a Saturday and has full transport. There are a lot of people outside of Sunderland who really struggle to get to games when the transport is off or poor. I can drive if need be but would rather not as the match is my social time with my mates. At least we don't have a New Years day game as they are even worse. I will probably be walking 8 miles each way into Newcastle to catch the Newcastle branch bus to Blackpool as I can't see anybody being sober enough to give me a lift. A home game that day would have been far worse.

That's quite untrue.

I, and many others, know which fallen clubs have kept their support and admired it.

I even feel pleased for Leeds supporters, who I usually despise, because many have stuck with the club despite some terrible years.

No club is an island as they say.
well said

It'll definitely be noticed but probably just to the tune of "40k for a league one game thats some going", certainly not to the level some on here think.

We need a big crowd if we're aiming for the record of Man City, attendances have been tailing off a bit due to.the weather and xmas etc.

if we stay in the promotion battle I expect we can match it around Easter and maybe a full house for the last game of the season?

It'll definitely be noticed but probably just to the tune of "40k for a league one game thats some going", certainly not to the level some on here think.

We need a big crowd if we're aiming for the record of Man City, attendances have been tailing off a bit due to.the weather and xmas etc.
What was the attendance on Saturday and what’s the Man City record?
I thought we were comfortably ahead of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back