Not a mental case or a 5g crazy man

Status
Not open for further replies.
The call themselves free thinkers, like it is a label to be proud of. I think freeing yourself of reality and insisting it is true for reasons that can’t be proven by the simplest test is moronic.
They’re hardly free thinkers when all they do is repeat nonsense from YouTube.

They’re hardly free thinkers when all they do is repeat nonsense from YouTube.
That is the bit I find amusing. “Don’t just follow what you have been told, do your own research, listen to Cleatus on YouTube like me”. There is one resident conspiracy nut who has a favourite phrase “but that is too easy, it is handed to you on a plate”, as if that is a good reason to dismiss a few thousand years of accumulated human knowledge.
This fella if full on mentalist. Check out his twitter "listen to me, i'm really important and clever, I'm better than SAGE, no one will interview me boo hoo, the pandemic is over, false positive or something"

The best one - "stop testing and deaths will fall". :lol:
The false positive thing has annoyed me, as someone who likes maths. It is a real thing. If a test is 90% accurate and you test 100 people without a disease then the 10% incorrect part says 10 people have the disease that do not. The more testing you do, the more false positives you do get, and virology models usually take this into account. With their own onsite testing, this has been one reason why cases in Universities have been higher than other areas,there has been more testing.

But, people are using this to wave away all the problems. False positives don’t result in hospital cases and deaths. In some Universities there have been a lot of genuine cases. Figures suggest that you should knock off 1-2% from results, not 100% like the loons are proclaiming. An article yesterday said 40,000 cases in Universities countrywide, so perhaps knock off 800 from that for the real figure and say 39,200. Some use false positive to claim it is more like 4.

Last edited:
The false positive thing has annoyed me, as someone who likes maths. It is a real thing. If a test is 90% accurate and you test 100 people without a disease then the 10% incorrect part says 10 people have the disease that do not. The more testing you do, the more false positives you do get, and virology models usually take this into account. With their own onsite testing, this has been one reason why cases in Universities have been higher than other areas,there has been more testing.

But, people are using this to wave away all the problems. False positives don’t result in hospital cases and deaths. In some Universities there have been a lot of genuine cases. Figures suggest that you should knock off 1-2% from results, not 100% like the loons are proclaiming. An article yesterday said 40,000 cases in Universities countrywide, so perhaps knock off 800 from that for the real figure and say 39,200. Some use false positive to claim it is more like 4.

Exactly we can have 50% false positive rates but it we have 500 people a day dying we have a problem.

Anyone spouting anything 'false positive' is a massive dunder-heed.

Weeks 40, 41 and 42 of that very report say we saw excess deaths, and we know there is the potential for many more since cases are rising, admissions are rising and deaths are rising.

I don’t get how you can ignore evidence that’s in front of you, all on the say-so of a single bloke!

Just out of Interest are all these excess deaths purely down to Civid 19 or because their Death was attributed as having a significant existing co morbidity that was a major contributing factor. Or the cause of death was delayed treatment for all types of Cancer Autoimmune disease Fatty Liver diseases Alcoholic or non Alcoholic and many more that can go on a death certificate etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back