Norwich and Bury tickets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a response from Chris

Thank you for your email, hope you are well. I have spoken to the ticket office regarding the point allocations for the Norwich City and Bury games.

Both games have a low allocation (896 tickets for Norwich City & 1000 tickets for Bury). The reason it has started at 45 points for these two games is that there is a high number of supporters that have 45 points or more at this time. I have asked if the starting point category can be reviewed for games going forward and ensured that your feedback along with feedback I have received from other supporters and supporter groups has been passed on for consideration.

It has been confirmed that away games with higher allocations starting application points will begin at a lower number, so not all away games will start at 45 points this season. There isn’t an intention to take a low allocation for all away games so please be reassured that we will take larger allocations for more popular games.

I have asked when the next phase will be after the 40 & 37 point stage and the point category will drop again on Tuesday 1st August and an announcement of the next stages will be made at the end of this week. It will not go from 37 points to general sale as we have a high number of supporters on points, so the next point stages will be announced subject to ticket availability for the Norwich and Bury games.

If I can help with any further information or assist with any other question on away tickets through the season please feel free to get in touch.

Best regards

Chris

So the reason we've taken the smallest allocation for the opening 2 away fixtures of the season is... Unknown. Perhaps they just felt like it.

So the reason we've taken the smallest allocation for the opening 2 away fixtures of the season is... Unknown. Perhaps they just felt like it.

As someone else said Bury aren't going to sell the seats we don't use anyway...this system has become ridiculous

Hi mate, fair few us in the Pboro branch have tix and we're on the 9.50am train that gets in at 12.13. Change at Ely but no biggy.

Are you not a member of the Peterborough branch? We got ours through them. Thought you joined a few years ago?
No never did join... Have asked a mate if he and his season ticket mates can help out but don't think they have loads of points so may struggle...

So he is saying there are 1000 supporters with 37 points or more? I find that hard to believe when a full season worth of points have just been taken off

900 tickets for Norwich, who decides this? We make some f***ing shit decisions with regards to ticket allocations at times.

Too right. The lowest we took last season was 900 but it was Swansea in December I think. This is the first away game of the season which is usually more popular than normal

So he is saying there are 1000 supporters with 37 points or more? I find that hard to believe when a full season worth of points have just been taken off
I have to agree with this. I can believe there are 896 supporters with 37 or more points which is what they are suggesting by those phases.

Let's suppose there was though, surely it should have started at 37 and not 45? I suspect there will still be loads left after Monday's 37 points. Fortunately Bury are employing a "sit-where-you-want" policy so applications needn't be together. They did the same in the friendly.

I have to agree with this. I can believe there are 896 loyalty numbers with 37 or more points which is what they are suggesting by those phases.

Let's suppose there was though, surely it should have started at 37 and not 45? I suspect there will still be loads left after Monday's 37 points. Fortunately Bury are employing a "sit-where-you-want" policy so applications needn't be together. They did the same in the friendly.
Tidied

No chance of this making general sale then? Guessing they won't release more tickets?
By sounds of it, no. If this low allocations business is repeated for Sheff Wed and Barnsley, clubs we nearly always take in excess of 4,000 to, I will be cancelling my direct debit. Only benefit of getting a season ticket is away games and if that doesn't get away tickets at Hillsborough and Oakwell, there is no point in having one.

By sounds of it, no. If this low allocations business is repeated for Sheff Wed and Barnsley, clubs we nearly always take in excess of 4,000 to, I will be cancelling my direct debit. Only benefit of getting a season ticket is away games and if that doesn't get away tickets at Hillsborough and Oakwell, there is no point in having one.

I might do the same as you could get a ticket for every home game for a tenner each as there will be plenty cheap tickets flying about

I might do the same as you could get a ticket for every home game for a tenner each as there will be plenty cheap tickets flying about
Exactly. Only benefit of season ticket is away games and that's been obliterated by the morons running the club. A 1,000 allocation for Bury is astonishing. If this a repeat of what's to come, will do as you say with cheap tickets on the day. The season ticket holders have been mugged off long enough.

I can more than understand that. I'm closer to France than Sunderland, stopping me from ever making home games more than once every 6 months. I still made it to 11 aways last year but could never chalk up on the points system for away tickets. I'd have love to have done Norwich for a fair few reasons - so I can imagine if I am annoyed about it you must be pretty furious considering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back