Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloor got it right & a bit lucky with the emergence of retro style bikes (Speed Twin for me please!). Loved the idea of the 961 Commando but there was never the impetus that Triumph had.
when bloor resurrected the triumph name there was no retro style bikes. they only had the trident and the trophy in various engine sizes in the range iirc.
i had a trident and it was just a kawasaki with a cylinder lopped off. they proved reliable and expanded the range later on. i had a speed triple later on when they first came out and it was a good bike but tbh they never had the character and lineage of the meriden triumphs.not knocking them mind.
if i was to buy a new british bike now it'd be one of the new royal enfields.

I agree. It'll be a great day for road safety when motorbikes are banned.

You might be on a wind-up, but I'm not! I want them off the bloody road. They're a menace.
Yeah it was all Harry Dunn's fault. Muppet.
Bikers are better car drivers, fact.
Absolutely not. My uncle was killed on one when I was a bairn and my mate was too 8 months later. I’ve had loads of close shaves and used to see some f***ing horrible shit when I worked for an insurance company. Sooner they’re gone the better.
So you blame the victim not the perpetrator. What's your view of raped women? Make them wear a hijab, wellies and balaclava?

Last edited:

So you blame the victim not the perpetrator. What's your view of raped women? Make them wear a hijab, wellies and balaclava?
Didn’t say that at all. I didn’t want to see anyone hurt or killed. There would be less accidents if we got rid of bikes. The rest of your post is mental and I’ll not bother.

There would be less accidents if we got rid of cars. And your point is?
Didn’t say that at all. I didn’t want to see anyone hurt or killed. There would be less accidents if we got rid of bikes. The rest of your post is mental and I’ll not bother.
No you didn't and I didn't say you did. I quoted frijj. Muppet.

Last edited:
Most bikers are waaaay more aware of what’s going on around them on them road.

Yet 90% make dangerous overtakes, filter through moving traffic and speed way beyond the limit.

You could put the safest bikers ever on them, I’d still ban them.

They’re disproportionately represented in accident statistics (usually not their fault) because they’re death traps.

Who said I was blaming Harry Dunn? You call me a muppet but you’re inventing things I didn’t say. No need to be a cock.

In my experience, the vast majority of motorcyclists put themselves in dangerous situations, with grossly excessive speed, unsafe overtaking and at times mind boggling stupidly whilst filtering through traffic.

But when they are involved in an accident that isn’t their fault (which is more often than not) they’re very ill-equipped to come out of it unscathed, even with all the gear.

I reckon they will come off the roads eventually, probably when automation is the norm for cars. 2050 maybe? 2070?

Last edited:
People are cottoning on to the dangers of bikes. Hopefully they’ll all be gone soon
Eh? I've just had 2 weeks riding about Goa on a Royal Enfield and it's the future man. Granted I had a few scares but that's just because they don't really have any rules of the road over there.

Yet 90% make dangerous overtakes, filter through moving traffic and speed way beyond the limit.

They’re disproportionately represented in accident statistics (usually not their fault) because they’re death traps.

Who said I was blaming Harry Dunn? You call me a muppet but you’re inventing things I didn’t say. No need to be a cock.

In my experience, the vast majority of motorcyclists put themselves in dangerous situations, with grossly excessive speed, unsafe overtaking and at times mind boggling stupidly whilst filtering through traffic.

But when they are involved in an accident that isn’t their fault (which is more often than not) they’re very ill-equipped to come out of it unscathed, even with all the gear.

I reckon they will come off the roads eventually, probably when automation is the norm for cars. 2050 maybe? 2070?
I’d love to know where you get that 90% from, is that an official figure or just popped into your head? Fortunately your not in a position to ban anything, and the world still gives those of us who want to ride the freedom (with caveats), to do so. I’m willing to take you for a blast on the back with me to change your perception and give you a more informed opinion.

I agree. It'll be a great day for road safety when motorbikes are banned.

You might be on a wind-up, but I'm not! I want them off the bloody road. They're a menace.
You're not on nowt .IOnly thing with a pulse is your typing finger . Need to learn to live a bit

I’d love to know where you get that 90% from, is that an official figure or just popped into your head? Fortunately your not in a position to ban anything, and the world still gives those of us who want to ride the freedom (with caveats), to do so. I’m willing to take you for a blast on the back with me to change your perception and give you a more informed opinion.

When I’m supreme chancellor I’ll have a mass burning of bikes. Watch this space.

And cars,and aeroplanes and helicopters and Cycles and Alcohol and uneven pavestones and diesel spills and people speeding and mobile phones ,and ,and

And cars,and aeroplanes and helicopters and Cycles and Alcohol and uneven pavestones and diesel spills and people speeding and mobile phones ,and ,and
Old folks.Don`t forget the old folks, the ones with bus passes and free tv license will be first ones up again the wall.

Don't worry about it Mr Logic .The riding you speak of with the exception of speeding is legal and because you don't ride you just don't have a clue what's really going on .As you also say most deaths aren't our faults so you could spend a bit grey matter keyboard campaigning for better driving standards and let the bikers happily worry about the risk for themselves

Don't worry about it Mr Logic .The riding you speak of with the exception of speeding is legal and because you don't ride you just don't have a clue what's really going on .As you also say most deaths aren't our faults so you could spend a bit grey matter keyboard campaigning for better driving standards and let the bikers happily worry about the risk for themselves

Where did I say it was all illegal? I see bikers taking huge risks making daft overtakes and filtering between moving traffic on busy roads. Legal =/= safe.

It clearly narks you hearing legitimate criticism of the behaviour of bikers, the vast majority of whom treat the road like a playground, and expect everyone else to give them protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back