Norton

Is this masking a very complex personal issue? A desire to ban something outright is a fairly extreme, one could argue, radicalised viewpoint. You want to stop people having something that means a great deal to them & that they enjoy. Why is that?
Because he’s a wanker, that’s why.

Oooooh, big man!

Cars are the most suitable road vehicle. Safer, ability to carry more passengers, suitable for people with disabilities, more comfortable, protected from the elements etc...
They're not though. The majority of the time there's just the driver in them; safety is subjective, the people in the cars are safer, everything else, pedestrians, cyclists, bikers, wildlife et al are all in mortal danger. To take your logic to it's conclusion, cars are the biggest causation factor for injuries & death, ban them.

They're not though. The majority of the time there's just the driver in them; safety is subjective, the people in the cars are safer, everything else, pedestrians, cyclists, bikers, wildlife et al are all in mortal danger. To take your logic to it's conclusion, cars are the biggest causation factor for injuries & death, ban them.

Well by that logic, if we’re blindly following every statement to its apparent logical conclusion, we should ban all vehicles?

We can’t do that though because we need vehicles to function as a society.

I see no need for motorbikes to exist as civilian transport.

Well by that logic, if we’re blindly following every statement to its apparent logical conclusion, we should ban all vehicles?

We can’t do that though because we need vehicles to function as a society.

I see no need for motorbikes to exist as civilian transport.
Very narcissistic of you & a little bit batshit crazy. There's room for all of us, relax & try not to shit yourself next time you see a bike...

That isn’t “shifting the blame” that’s recognising that all vehicles should do as much as they can to make themselves seen.

If you consider common sense to be shifting the blame then fair enough.

what do you suggest we could do to make ourselves more visible then?
you might not remember but motorbikes were forced to have hardwired lights some time ago and it's hardly had an impact on road safety. indeed due to the road surfaces on roads today many drivers will assume you're flashing them out of a side road. that's if they even see you in the first place.
i think more and better education is needed and more severe punishments for accidents caused by the smidsy scenario.
i drive a hgv for a living and some of the car driving i see every day is appalling. in 20 years of driving them i have yet to be carved up by a motorbike.
we're going round in circles here and you'll never admit how ludicrous your stance is so i bid you goodnight and leave you with this.

Back