Northern trains

Tell you what we must all be a silent bunch getting on at Stockton every Sat, im normally on the 1146 with a few beers, but if im running late its the 1246 - give us a nod and wink this Sat, ill be the dad pulling his hair out with 2 kids in tow....:lol:

Grand Central running again on Saturday. Shame it now departs Eaglescliffe at 10:37 gets into the town at 11:26😞

‪Should mean less passengers on the northern trains at least!

GC reply on twitter as to why the train now leaves earlier...

Hi, we're using the fleet and train crew available and are not always be able to run additional trains after matches sorry. If you wish to discuss this and plans for future matches, please contact us on 0345 603 4852 (option 5) - opening hours are between 08:00 and 18:00 Mon-Fri.

Good move by Grand Central to depart Saturday's from King's Cross earlier at 07.48 instead of 08.06 and arriving at 11.26 in to Sunderland.

An extra 18 mins to get my Scotch pies at Milligans, and an extra pint Fitzies/Jameson.

Just wish the 17.29 back down south would depart 10 mins later, to avoid the dash back if there's plenty of added on time.

Good move by Grand Central to depart Saturday's from King's Cross earlier at 07.48 instead of 08.06 and arriving at 11.26 in to Sunderland.

An extra 18 mins to get my Scotch pies at Milligans, and an extra pint Fitzies/Jameson.

Just wish the 17.29 back down south would depart 10 mins later, to avoid the dash back if there's plenty of added on time.
Jameson's, you southern softy. The shoplifters will be selling in the blandford at that sort of time.

I've noticed you mention Milligan's scotch pies, on a few occasions on here, so I'm gonna try one or two, when I get off the GC on Satda 👍

I've noticed you mention Milligan's scotch pies, on a few occasions on here, so I'm gonna try one or two, when I get off the GC on Satda 👍

Leave 2 of their lush Scotch pies for me on Saturday marra 👍....after my journey up from Eastbourne it's what I really look forward too, washed down with my pre-match pint.

£1.30p a pie.....worth every penny ☺

Leave 2 of their lush Scotch pies for me on Saturday marra 👍....after my journey up from Eastbourne it's what I really look forward too, washed down with my pre-match pint.

£1.30p a pie.....worth every penny ☺
I made the mistake of having nowt to eat, before the Ipswich match, and was hammered after a good drink, so I'll not be making the same mistake this Satda.
6 Scotch pies, ought to be enough to soak the beer up. 😉

I made the mistake of having nowt to eat, before the Ipswich match, and was hammered after a good drink, so I'll not be making the same mistake this Satda.
6 Scotch pies, ought to be enough to soak the beer up. 😉

If I get to Milligans at 11.27 on Saturday and there's no Scotch Pies left, I'll know you've bought the lot you greedy git☺ I know they only bake them off in small amounts....I can see a mad dash from the platform and up the escalator to be front of the queue ☺

If I get to Milligans at 11.27 on Saturday and there's no Scotch Pies left, I'll know you've bought the lot you greedy git☺ I know they only bake them off in small amounts....I can see a mad dash from the platform and up the escalator to be front of the queue ☺
No probs mate, I won't be buying any.

I'll get one of my mates in Sunland to call in and buy a dozen, at 11:20 am to save time. 😅

You can follow the trail of crumbs to the Ivy House, where I might just have one pie left, if you're lucky 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the day it was always the Roker Pie shop too....before a pint in the Pilot Cutter, as was.
In the days of Roker Park, I used to get in the cafe along Roker Avenue, for a good scran before my pre match gallon in the Red Lion.
Happy days, great cafe, great pub, crap footy.

Back