Northern Spire

This is in Fawcett Street also, look at the clip of the brickwork and the bottom left window of the 6 windows! :lol:

Link to Fawcett Street Google Street View

Logon or register to see this image

I used to work there when it was Edward Thompsons. Not a straight wall in the place and they weren't the types to spend money on putting it right. That was thirty years ago so I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed by now.
All the floors were wonky upstairs.:lol:

I used to work there when it was Edward Thompsons. Not a straight wall in the place and they weren't the types to spend money on putting it right. That was thirty years ago so I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed by now.
All the floors were wonky upstairs.:lol:
Pretty sure there was a fire there in the 70s.

Was going to ask this, as many of the bridges in Vietnam, China etc similar to the Spire bridge have lights that alternate between colours, and on some occasions they must flip a switch and it become a bit of a light show.
Aye like the the Christmas lights in Lidl. Looks good.

Some info here about the Technical College here

Our history

Here's a close up showing Technical College

When I was at Uni in the 1990s and I had lectures there, I had a bit of an explore one day. Turns out whole floors had been sealed off since the late 70s/early 80s due to a legionnaires outbreak. Whole rooms abandoned as if the owners had just walked out. Desks full of coffee plates and calendars open on the day they were shut. You could still get into the top of the tower then as well. The old science labs in the cellar were creepy as hell, I remember tons of things in jars and old science equipment set out for classes like ito was yesterday.

Back