Northeast "gangsters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

EB did fight Graham in a gym in either Gateshead or Newcastle. EB went thru by himself, he was getting the better of Graham, Graham's mates didn't like it and one of them give EB some sly digs to help Graham out.
I read that differently in a book like vg slyed eb on the way out of a gym in scumland but I do t think they ever fought

Total prick then.
An absolute wanker of the highest order. He used to pick on kids in the havana, blatantly robbing them in front of all and sundry.

How he's been turned into the subject of books and the likes I'll never know. He was as thick as fuck and enjoyed bullying people.

London gangsters seem small time and not entirely competent compared to proper organised crime organisations from the Americas and Asia, and Glasgow gangsters seem hopelessly provincial compared to London. God knows what kind of inbred village idiots are trying to be gangsters in the smaller cities of the UK
Lee Duffy

Other than that minor incident we never had any trouble at all. At the Arena we regularly stayed back for drinks with young John and certain DJ's. Brian and old John were the only scary people in that place. Lee Harrison seamed to cause bemusement too people from London etc who didn't know him.
Young John was canny. I was mates with DJ Huey, he used to come over to mine loads and play tunes.

from what i saw and heard first hand, in the last couple of years, families named aren't really 'rated' too much. far too public, in the media, blowing the socks off one another, people know their business etc. other 'crews' more active and almost :lol: under the radar.

let them all crack on.

Ask @TerrysChippie he knows a few lads from that way iirc
I'll have to ask , the next time I am down to see Gerald, (poster name Gatesheed, unfairly convicted of a crime he did not commit and now doing 10 years bird in a prison South of South of the Region) about it, I'll make a note to remind myself the next time I am down to see Gerald, (poster name Gatesheed, unfairly convicted of a crime he did not commit and now doing 10 years bird in a prison South of South of the Region).

Luckily we don't seem to have much of a gang culture up here, if at all. Even in London and Manchester where it's more of a problem, it's still hardly the Genovese or Gambinos...

As in politicians :lol:

Them fuckers as well.

My point is if your 'business' model is based around criminal activity, the better you are at it the less you would want to attract attention to what you are doing surely you wouldn't actively seek the attention from the public and law enforcement in particular. How can you be a very good or successful gangster if The Vicar is your PR Manager and everyone in the NE knows what you do for a living even if it can't be proved in a court of law? Surely just blending in and being low key makes detection and the threat from your fellow criminals much less likely? Or maybe that's just enforcers/hitmen?

I'm sure that people will be on in a minute saying Al Capone, Mafia Families, Pablo Escobar etc but its not even the same league, they were so successful and powerful that it would've been impossible for them not to attract attention. Maybe it's big fish in a small pond, as I'm sure that the individuals being mentioned here are all successful in their fields of endeavour, but it just seems counter productive to me.

Something else I've often wondered about is what do old hard men do when they stop being hard? Is there a retirement home for them? Obviously some of the names mentioned on here never got the option but i imagine the majority or a good number do reach a point where they have to give it up. What happens then? Do you spend the whole of your life looking over your shoulder because the son/nephew/grandson of someone you flattened could be walking up behind you and you don't even know it? It's obvious that it's sort of a family dynasty with some people but even then whats to stop you getting a good pasting because you get spotted at the garden centre buying potted plants by someone? Having never been hard or claimed to be I've often wondered about the options available when time finally catches up them.

London gangsters seem small time and not entirely competent compared to proper organised crime organisations from the Americas and Asia, and Glasgow gangsters seem hopelessly provincial compared to London. God knows what kind of inbred village idiots are trying to be gangsters in the smaller cities of the UK
Some rather serious chaps running central london like rather than the black kids in the south trying to be bloods and crips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back