North Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally, we have two kids under 3, I took her up there (we live 100 miles away but I used to live in Sunderland), and the reason we are moving is to have more on the door step. She looks after the kids full time so needs stuff in walking distance. Hence the reason she fell in love with that developed area with fausto and that down roker and why she is looking at houses on North haven with Rose tinted glasses
Upsides: the beach.
Downsides: the seafrets. You get 'em when even 200 yards inland doesn't. More downsides: apart from the beach, there's nothing in walking distance.

Upsides: the beach.
Downsides: the seafrets. You get 'em when even 200 yards inland doesn't. More downsides: apart from the beach, there's nothing in walking distance.
Just going to post the same.
When it's nice weather down there it's very nice, when it's not it can be bloody awful.
Also from a general maintence point of view it's an increbibly aggresive environment.

Just going to post the same.
When it's nice weather down there it's very nice, when it's not it can be bloody awful.
Also from a general maintence point of view it's an increbibly aggresive environment.
I was lucky enough to have a view of the lighthouse and used to love watching the storms batter it. You're right about maintenance - the garage doors were permanently rusting. It's a unique place, glad I had some time there, wouldn't live there again, got it out of my system.

Ideally, we have two kids under 3, I took her up there (we live 100 miles away but I used to live in Sunderland), and the reason we are moving is to have more on the door step. She looks after the kids full time so needs stuff in walking distance. Hence the reason she fell in love with that developed area with fausto and that down roker and why she is looking at houses on North haven with Rose tinted glasses

That’s fair enough mate. It might, however, be worth looking at some of the properties around Roker Park/The Cliff. You will be a couple hundred yards from the beach, and the homes are bigger (they also have a bit more character).

Also, depending on the ages of your kids, you need to consider the schools. I know when we looked at the Marina, it was only just within the criteria of Fulwell Infant School

They never felt built to last,however a few years ago they seemed quite cheap. Relatively. So it's not a huge surprise that they have gone up.

PS. Yes,people always talk about rats and vermin down there. I never saw anything like that when I lived or visited there though.

An urban myth.

Another one.
Witnessed with my own eyes ,the pier that got damaged in the storms has always been known as that rathouse, it's 500 yards away .May have improved ,I rarely go down fishing anymore but it was a big issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back