North Haven

Witnessed with my own eyes ,the pier that got damaged in the storms has always been known as that rathouse, it's 500 yards away .May have improved ,I rarely go down fishing anymore but it was a big issue
I think the actual 'rathouse' was the one the old foyboatmen used to work out of. I can barely remember it being there probably 40 years ago. And the place was wick with rats back then hence the name.

Brilliant pace to live. Even better if you're not right on the front getting 7 shades of shite knocked out of your gaff by sea gales (not seagulls, although technically speaking there's no such thing as a "seagull" per se)

Upsides: the beach.
Downsides: the seafrets. You get 'em when even 200 yards inland doesn't. More downsides: apart from the beach, there's nothing in walking distance.

That’s not true like, it takes ten minutes to walk to town from North Haven if you walk past the Glass Centre and the Uni. You’ve got Sea Road about ten minutes walk away, you’re on the sea front so any amount of pubs and restaurants on your doorstep, and you’re relatively close to Stadium of Light metro. There’s allsorts within walking distance.

I drove round to have a ganders last year when we were looking at kips to buy, they all seemed small pokey little places with tiny gardens and didn’t appeal at all. Nice location though.

I drove round to have a ganders last year when we were looking at kips to buy, they all seemed small pokey little places with tiny gardens and didn’t appeal at all. Nice location though.
That is the worry that the mint location would wear off a little and we'd start getting pissed off with lack of space. Which area did you go for?

That is the worry that the mint location would wear off a little and we'd start getting pissed off with lack of space. Which area did you go for?
Depends on your budget but the four bed fan-shaped ones (there are a couple on Rightmove for £300k plus) have loads of space. Big kitchens, two reception rooms, two enormous double bedrooms, the other two might be small doubles as well (can't remember).

Depends on your budget but the four bed fan-shaped ones (there are a couple on Rightmove for £300k plus) have loads of space. Big kitchens, two reception rooms, two enormous double bedrooms, the other two might be small doubles as well (can't remember).
Yeah £250k would be top budget I reckon

Yeah £250k would be top budget I reckon
I would say go and have a look. It's a magical place to live. Has its downsides as has been noted, but walking out of your front door and up the beach or up the river is the kind of lifestyle people pay millions for elsewhere.

I would say go and have a look. It's a magical place to live. Has its downsides as has been noted, but walking out of your front door and up the beach or up the river is the kind of lifestyle people pay millions for elsewhere.

That's it. We'd be driving down there all the time with the kids if we lived elsewhere so it's a fantastic option.

Lived there for a few years in the noughties. Was one of the flats rather than a house but a great great place to live.

For 250k though I'd be in holding out for one of the streets off roker park road. Missus can walk through park to beach and the kids will love the play park in Roker park.

Were you involved in the widow issues with NHBC?

Lived there for a few years in the noughties. Was one of the flats rather than a house but a great great place to live.

For 250k though I'd be in holding out for one of the streets off roker park road. Missus can walk through park to beach and the kids will love the play park in Roker park.

I agree mate. There are lots of decent properties, all within a 10 min walk of the seafront in Fulwell/Roker/Seaburn that are better than the Marina

Back