North East Rivalry-Towns and Villages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just pointing out that this is one thing that isn't unique to the region.

Many things to love about it but this isn't a specific reason.

Never said it was unique or exclusive just something I associate and like about this part of the world.

If I posted that I loved the north east for our amazing coast line would you have steamed in and made a comment pointing out we live on an island with lots of beaches?

Never said it was unique or exclusive just something I associate and like about this part of the world.

If I posted that I loved the north east for our amazing coast line would you have steamed in and made a comment pointing out we live on an island with lots of beaches?

Ooof

I can remember hearing about something like that.

I knocked about with cally and all that lot.
that's familiar. I was mainly with the footy lads, Huntley, tucknutt, murphy, bri Gordon, tufty, col Sanderson, and a few others

macca, tag, maz, Andy Allan,

Well it's a valid point.

"I love going to France for the wine" is expressing a view on a country famed for it's wine. I'm not saying "France is the only country to make wine.
... although the French would. They invented wine you know.:):)

fighting possibly but on the footy pitch, no chance.

In years past we were a force in sports but I have to confess by this era the PE teachers were just phoning it in and there was no enthusiasm for any of them to step in and manage the footy team even though we had some talented lads. The last team manager was a little fat maths teacher IIRC!

I was in the sixth form that year at thornhill

I went to a basketball summer camp and there were lots of lads from Thornhill from a couple of years older than me. Some of them I knew from having met them at Middleton Camp years earlier. Also my neighbour was Steve Hansen and we used to play with a bunch of his mates at Barnes Park. Allie Carr, Graham Heron, David Lowrie, Steve Cresswell, Phil Humphrey, Mark Taylor, Phil Mavern, Steve? Lambert,

Not all of it as fantasic as they claim. I bring Spanish stuff up from Catalonia as often as I can.

Agreed.Think Spain is 2nd or 3rd along with Italy.

If spending less than a tenner a bottle on a good red you can get better value from Spain and South America in my John Humble

I went to a basketball summer camp and there were lots of lads from Thornhill from a couple of years older than me. Some of them I knew from having met them at Middleton Camp years earlier. Also my neighbour was Steve Hansen and we used to play with a bunch of his mates at Barnes Park. Allie Carr, Graham Heron, David Lowrie, Steve Cresswell, Phil Humphrey, Mark Taylor, Phil Mavern, Steve? Lambert,
I used to go to roker park with kipper heron, grahams younger brother iirc. In the kids section, at the front of the roker end. A few years later I was kicking lumps out of him playing footy.

basketball was a big thing at thornhill iirc. We had a pe teacher call robison who was involved with sunblest Sunderland basketball team

just thinking I had a mate called Sean Wilson who played basketball, possibly a lad called Laurence burns

I used to go to roker park with kipper heron, grahams younger brother iirc. In the kids section, at the front of the roker end. A few years later I was kicking lumps out of him playing footy.

basketball was a big thing at thornhill iirc. We had a pe teacher call robison who was involved with sunblest Sunderland basketball team

just thinking I had a mate called Sean Wilson who played basketball, possibly a lad called Laurence burns
Wasn't that scouse PE teacher Mr. Taylor from Thornhill?

"Mayke shaw you mark 'em tsightse"

My uncle Jack used to be Caretaker at Thornhill.

Wasn't that scouse PE teacher Mr. Taylor from Thornhill?

"Mayke shaw you mark 'em tsightse"
:lol:. No, we had a Geordie thomson, a jock thomson, Robison and a lad called @Greavsie 's dad

after I left around 84ish Richie pitt came in

Agreed.Think Spain is 2nd or 3rd along with Italy.

If spending less than a tenner a bottle on a good red you can get better value from Spain and South America in my John Humble
Agreed. Make that a fiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back