North East Rivalry-Towns and Villages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was never a contest really.Thornhill used to batter Bede.I spent my school days teaching @muggboots and his ilk the difference between right and wrong.
I had a particular dislike for monkey house, who some of them played for wearside college after I left thornhill, so I used to get into them playing for Millfield in the junior league, YAC league iirc

I had a particular dislike for monkey house, who some of them played for wearside college after I left thornhill, so I used to get into them playing for Millfield in the junior league, YAC league iirc
When did you leave thornhill?

In the fifties nearly every street in the village had a gang.
At weekends we'd all gang up and knock seven bells out of one of the neighbouring villages.
Stone fights were popular as well back then.

if you were in a gang in the fifties you must be pushing 70?

f***ing woollybacks fighting their cousins in the next village is rife in the NE.
Lived in the French Paysage (Peasants version of the countryside, as opposed to La campagne, the countryside of the gentry and tidy fields), for nearly 15 years. It taught me to respect and like the people you describe as woollybacks.

Was never a contest really.Thornhill used to batter Bede.I spent my school days teaching @muggboots and his ilk the difference between right and wrong.

Dunno what era you're on about but one of our lads took a fork from the canteen and stabbed a Thornhill lad in the head. Soft shite went crying to the pigs and all of us in the fifth year had to report to the hall for an identity parade. Batter indeed, we had some maniacs at Bede when I was there.

Dunno what era you're on about but one of our lads took a fork from the canteen and stabbed a Thornhill lad in the head. Soft shite went crying to the pigs and all of us in the fifth year had to report to the hall for an identity parade. Batter indeed, we had some maniacs at Bede when I was there.
I left in 1984 mate.

fighting possibly but on the footy pitch, no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back