North East Punk

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Those ‘Third and Final’ E.P’s go for £500 - £600 on e bay..I remember Tony Frater telling me that when Eddie Kidd was at Guardian studios the Red Alert lads followed him into the toilets..Eddie had gone in a cubicle to have a shite and the lads were outside going ‘Jesus what’s that fkn smell’..’fkn hell break my nose’..Tony reckoned he was a top lad like.
Think I swapped mine
It was a sort of orange colour with a seperate picture stuck on One side .😕
All I Remember of Eddie was " what's ya bikes lads ? "
Daft 125s 😁

Those singles are quite valuable these days..i sold mine (with a heavy heart) to a collector from Consett a couple of years back...the two lasses you mention were 'Meg and Trudy'..proper stalwarts of the local scene.

I used to knock about with Mark back in the day..lost touch a bit with him later on but i'm sure there was a book in the pipeline..he was still posting on FB only days before his death.
Disorder had a canny following. Roughy regularly organised coaches to their gigs. Lots of the names mentioned in this thread would be on them. I remember one in Gosforth I think where it got stopped after a couple of songs and there was canny bit bother with locals. We were all made to wait outside the police station till the coach returned. Jenxy (remember him at all) helped me out and saved me from a right kicking that day. Roughy had been asking me for memories for his book before he died so he must have been well on with it

Disorder had a canny following. Roughy regularly organised coaches to their gigs. Lots of the names mentioned in this thread would be on them. I remember one in Gosforth I think where it got stopped after a couple of songs and there was canny bit bother with locals. We were all made to wait outside the police station till the coach returned. Jenxy (remember him at all) helped me out and saved me from a right kicking that day. Roughy had been asking me for memories for his book before he died so he must have been well on with it

I was at the Gosforth one..I’d only been in the pub a couple of minutes and one of the locals started on me..combination of being a punk and a Mackem..Jenky was a canny lad..died far too young.

Back