Normality from June 21st

Why would there be restrictions for flu when we have lived with it for decades and the vulnerable are immunised yearly against it?
The experts say because we’ve suppressed people’s immunity for 12 months, it will resurface quite virulently. Once the graphs and charts on hospital admissions are produced, eventhough it’ll be no different to 2014 and 2017 bad flu years, the notion of restrictions for the flu will be supported by the public.

Will they fuck
I hope you are right. But the public even now think the restrictions on Covid are being eased too quick despite the positive trends. People are almost resigned to the fact there’ll be another lockdown, many people think today will be the catalyst for that with the kids going back. I think we could well avoid a lockdown as regressive as what we are going through now indefinitely, but there’ll be big curtailments on mass gatherings etc., in the winter IMO. Think that will happen every year.

The next big scam will be Climate change, they will use the same measures to keep you under control and say it helps the carbon foot print, mark my works

If you'd dared to speculate about the above you'd have been met with the hilarious 'wibble' put down.

Guaranteed that restrictions will make a return in some capacity.

Restrictions is quite a broad word though, it could just mean masks become advisory during the height of winter if there are high cases of Covid (but without the high deaths or hospitalisations warranting any stricter restrictions). If everything goes okay with this roadmap I can’t see anything like the restrictions we’ve been under now or back in spring 2020 will come back into play, I think only alarming rises in hospitalisations and deaths would see that return. And I also don’t think there’s a chance we’d see any form of restrictions for flu other than masks being advisory. Lockdowns cost money and the government won’t want it and neither will the population.

Restrictions is quite a broad word though, it could just mean masks become advisory during the height of winter if there are high cases of Covid (but without the high deaths or hospitalisations warranting any stricter restrictions). If everything goes okay with this roadmap I can’t see anything like the restrictions we’ve been under now or back in spring 2020 will come back into play, I think only alarming rises in hospitalisations and deaths would see that return. And I also don’t think there’s a chance we’d see any form of restrictions for flu other than masks being advisory. Lockdowns cost money and the government won’t want it and neither will the population.
I agree.

I suspect the worst that could happen is that we may be asked to wear masks in places like Doctors' Surgeries or Hospitals, but in all other places they'll be optional or not required.

Like you, I can't see any restrictions on businesses - the economy would come under massive pressure again, and more importantly, the vast majority of the general public simply wouldn't accept it. Especially if levels of infection/hospitalisation are no worse than a 'normal' bad flu year - the argument would be that this is not an exceptional circumstance, therefore exceptional measures are not required.

I agree.

I suspect the worst that could happen is that we may be asked to wear masks in places like Doctors' Surgeries or Hospitals, but in all other places they'll be optional or not required.

Like you, I can't see any restrictions on businesses - the economy would come under massive pressure again, and more importantly, the vast majority of the general public simply wouldn't accept it. Especially if levels of infection/hospitalisation are no worse than a 'normal' bad flu year - the argument would be that this is not an exceptional circumstance, therefore exceptional measures are not required.

Aye I forgot to add when I mentioned masks becoming advisory that I meant in indoor places such as shopping centres, supermarkets etc and those sort of places you mention. I don’t think they’d become advisory in indoor hospitality venues like restaurants, pubs, or at outdoor venues including stadiums. Indoor venues would be interesting though such as theatres, arenas, not sure what they’d do there as I wouldn’t fancy going to a gig with a mask on.

Aye I forgot to add when I mentioned masks becoming advisory that I meant in indoor places such as shopping centres, supermarkets etc and those sort of places you mention. I don’t think they’d become advisory in indoor hospitality venues like restaurants, pubs, or at outdoor venues including stadiums. Indoor venues would be interesting though such as theatres, arenas, not sure what they’d do there as I wouldn’t fancy going to a gig with a mask on.
I'll be honest - I wouldn't go to any indoor venue that required me to wear a mask once everyone's been vaccinated. My choice, I know, but I also think any organisers would think long and hard about staging indoor events on that basis.

I don't like wearing a mask. I do it currently because we have to, but the day they become optional or not required can't come soon enough for me.

I'm claustrophobic - I even avoid getting into lifts where at all possible, especially if they're almost full. When I come out of a shop nowadays and take off the mask you'd think I'd just swam to the surface from a sinking Submarine.

To fair, there are few jostling for the crown. But yes, I would take it as an endorsement that you are normal and sane.

To be fair, agreeing with angry Rob puts you jostling for the position also.

Same goes for all the saddo's who liked this epic fail of a post.
Coming from the biggest lunatic on this board I take that as a compliment

You are the biggest saddo on the board mate, lap it up, angry angry everybody is bad except for you, pathetic.

Last edited:

Back