Normality from June 21st

All legal restrictions to end. Definitely feels like it could be possible the way things are going.
Why start a thread with this sort of nonsense yet again? Don’t you understand the need for confirming that any releases of restrictions isn’t having a negative effect and that takes a specific amount of time.

I don’t know if you are trolling or a wum but just give it a rest won’t you?

Why start a thread with this sort of nonsense yet again? Don’t you understand the need for confirming that any releases of restrictions isn’t having a negative effect and that takes a specific amount of time.

I don’t know if you are trolling or a wum but just give it a rest won’t you?
I’m just saying that the way things are going it definitely feels possible. What’s your problem??

Actually looking pretty pessimistic tbf, I think it could be earlier. Many US states are opening up quickly, even ‘yellow’ areas of California will have sports stadiums two thirds full from 1st April. In the USA the vaccinations are allowing things to open up quickly. It’s largely states governed by the Republicans but Connecticut and California are Democrat governed and set the framework out for a pretty swift reopening.

Would love it to be earlier, want it to be earlier, but if June 21st is actually irreversible I am OK to wait - splitting hairs (relatively) before then. Just bring this whole nightmare to an end.

What’s the latest view on adult vaccination timelines . one dose for all by June, second dose by sep, full protection Oct ?

then cycle of boaster jabs for any new variants in Q4?

What’s the latest view on adult vaccination timelines . one dose for all by June, second dose by sep, full protection Oct ?

then cycle of boaster jabs for any new variants in Q4?
Everyone vaccinated with the first dose by 31st July is the target. They're going to need to up the rates to hit that though I think, should ramp up from the 15th of March.

If normality returns it will be nice to go out running as I have done for the last fifty odd years and not have to dodge countless joggers and dog walkers on paths churned into a muddy morras.
Having said that , although acknowledging that I am being completely selfish I am sure that that tiny minority of the population who previously exercised daily as a matter of habit rather than obeying some government diktat will understand where I am coming from.
But of course the old normal will not return.
Humanity is on a irrevocable route to saving the plant and also on a personal level to individual health and fitness. The younger generation drink less and eschew consumerism.
The world is now a different place . The virus has in a matter of months changed the lifestyles of many for ever.

I posted this on another thread but think it’s relevant here as well

“how u come out of lockdowns is critical, Joe public is always overly optimistic and coupled with the economic argument the pressure to lift restrictions quickly is immense, no government has done it successfully yet but then we never had vaccines before let’s hope we’ve learnt to be patient and stamp the bloody thing into oblivion”

If that make me an old doom monger, so be it but as Johnson put it this opening up has to be non reversible

Back