Non League Football

:lol::lol: My mates been raging all weekend. He paid full price to see a Snorbens XI stroll around on Saturday in a trophy game. It was the first of three games in four days for them.
He can’t get his head around that if they win their games in hand they’re a couple of points clear at the top of the Nat Lge south and may believe that’s a priority. Just checked and they’ve between 2-6 games in hand on those above. He just wants to go to Wembley with them or Spurs or the Dallas Cowboys ffs! He’s now not going to a County Cup game tomorrow in protest even though he’s a ST holder and it’s been hinted at that there’ll be as many none regulars on the pitch who aren’t cup tied as possible.
The work wattsap abusing him big time.

Sat. H v Cheshunt in FA Trophy. 0-3.
Mon. A v Chelmsford in NL South.
Tues. H v Hitchin in County Cup.

Last edited:

In terms of Sunday league football, my local team Peterlee Catholic Club in the last 16 of the FA Sunday cup (All England). Hopefully keep progressing.
Canny side, mental the selection process for that competition like. FA said can only pick so many teams from the counties, Dawdon had a bad year but are currently the county cup holders and didn’t get in:lol:

Canny side, mental the selection process for that competition like. FA said can only pick so many teams from the counties, Dawdon had a bad year but are currently the county cup holders and didn’t get in:lol:

Think everyone was in agreement it was poorly done, cracking team Dawdon 👍🏻

Steve Watson which has been doing the rounds for a bit now, and the one which made me laugh was Phil Brown.
I don't think we get enough sun up this neck of the woods to keep his tan up🤣
Interesting you say that because someone told me that Phil Brown was on the radar, although I think it was done last week the Phillips deal. Be interesting to see who comes in alongside him

Interesting you say that because someone told me that Phil Brown was on the radar, although I think it was done last week the Phillips deal. Be interesting to see who comes in alongside him
I know he's originally from Shields but when I was told about PB I thought there's no chance we'll be able to get him.
It would have been a great achievement by the owner.

I'm on the train back from Sheffield 4-0 Pontefract Collieries in NPL Division One East.

Feisty game which saw two visiting players, and one of their coaching staff, dismissed - all in separate incidents - and a couple of cracking goals from bottom of the table Sheffield. Excellent night's entertainment.

Sad to hear that the old main stand at Horden is going the distance later this year, but it's good to read about a club on the up in spite of everything.

Lovely little club are Horden Glad to see them on the up again. Shame about the stand, I find it quite iconic as stands go, hopefully any replacement won't be on the cheap and does the club justice. I was impressed by the friendliness of the club when I visited earlier in the season, so much so that I purchased a season ticket for 50 quid as a goodwill gesture.

Don't know if you have ever seen this?

Back