Non League Football

Durham City seemingly continue to lurch from crisis to crisis. Nothing on their own Twitter page, but I understand that this is because their Social Media person is one of those to have quit

Shambles of a once well respected club.
He needs to go like. Holding out for his money back. Hasn't a clue. Should stick to being an agent. He's killed that club
Would be good to see a merger of all of the newly created Durham clubs (Corinthians, United, FC, AFC). Pool resources and form a phoenix club, playing from either New Ferens Park or in the city centre. Potential is huge

Last edited:

Durham City seemingly continue to lurch from crisis to crisis. Nothing on their own Twitter page, but I understand that this is because their Social Media person is one of those to have quit

Something off with that Zenith Sports Management group, too...
They seem to be very unprofessional and very defensive of Bernard

Absolutely stinks this like

Lovely little club are Horden Glad to see them on the up again. Shame about the stand, I find it quite iconic as stands go, hopefully any replacement won't be on the cheap and does the club justice. I was impressed by the friendliness of the club when I visited earlier in the season, so much so that I purchased a season ticket for 50 quid as a goodwill gesture.

Don't know if you have ever seen this?

Great video of Horden. Many thanks for finding that.
My one and only visit to Horden was about sixteen year ago to watch them play Gateshead in FA cup tie.
Thought the ground was typical pre modern Northern League ; large stand perched on half way line ( similar to Shildon ) and proper terracing on far side and behind goal with fantastic back drop of terraced streets.
I remember a social club behind the other goal.
A timeless gem. Pity the stand can not be preserved.

Was at Mickleover v South Shields tonight. Very disappointing performance, against a side struggling just above the relegation places, and who spent the last 35 minutes with only 10 men.
Shields had loads of possession but, unless the aim of the game has changed to putting crosses into the stand, their final ball was generally appalling.

Was at Mickleover v South Shields tonight. Very disappointing performance, against a side struggling just above the relegation places, and who spent the last 35 minutes with only 10 men.
Shields had loads of possession but, unless the aim of the game has changed to putting crosses into the stand, their final ball was generally appalling.
Forgot that game was on ....
Have seen Shields 3 times this season and although they have won each time have not impressed. It does seem a very competitive league that they are in however.
On Saturday against Atherton they passed the ball to death. Not once did the Shields keeper launch the ball downfield unless it was a clearance from a back pass.
Their keeper by contrast never once passed or threw the ball out.
I understand that non league football is far removed from the kick and rush style of years ago but surely there is a case for mixing it up a bit and not taking seven passes to cross the half way line.

Annan Athletic yesterday. Easy enough ride across on the train. Good little set up, decent game, saw a rare indirect free kick, awarded after Edinburgh City keeper picked up a back pass instead of hoofing it upfield. 9 players on the goal line unsuccessfully defended the free kick, seeing that was worth the admission fee alone.

Back